Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Fans of Grant Morrison's Batman are probably going to really like his take on Green Lantern

Not sure if anyone else has discussed it here, but in the new DC Nation magazine, there's an article showing Morrison's pitch for his Green Lantern. It seems he wants to focus more on the Lantern Corps being interstellar cops and doing one-and-done style stories with the Lanterns solving cases. He also wants to incorporate a lot of the cosmic universe that hasn't been used as much so I'm guessing he's going to be bringing in all sorts of obscure and forgotten characters. Space Cabbie, I'm sure.

Visually he wants a Valerian/European style look.

Comments

• Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    A DCU ongoing series I'm truly interested in reading. Haven't seen many of those the past decade. Not really a fan of Liam Sharp’s artwork, but I'll at least pick up the first few issues.
  • Options
    VertighostVertighost Posts: 335
    Oh, I completely thought of you and Murd when I read the article given your love and knowledge of DC comics history. Not sure if you read the article, but if you didn't (or if anyone else didn't), the exact line in his pitch was "Additionally, it would be good to use this book to map out and consolidate the DC 'cosmic' universe - so we'll have appearances by …." Fortunately, the article blacked the names out in order to maintain the element of surprise. Then "And so on, weaving all of DC's space stuff into one vast, psychedelic tapestry". I'm sure I'll be reading parts of it going "I have no idea who that is, but I assume it's somebody" while you and Murd will enjoy recognizing old favorites.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    No, I didn’t pick up DC Nation. I flipped through it quickly at the shop, but didn’t notice Morrison was in it, so I left it on the counter.

Most of the old Silver Age “space stuff” is set in the future (or at least used to be: Tommy Tomorrow, Space Cabby, the Atomic Knights. Some could be converted to the current DCU, but much should probably be left where it is. But there are plenty of other characters and worlds that I wouldn’t mind seeing show up. Thinking about it, I would actually rather have Morrison writing a Captain Comet series. He would have a field day with a character like that.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    I'm not usually a Green Lantern reader, but I will definitely check out what Morrison will try with him. And, on the face of it, I like the concept of being more 'Whole Sector Full of Worlds And Possibilities' focused than 'Just that one planet crammed with other superheroes and Green Lanterns' focused.