Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

July Previews - What Looks Good?

First of all, no disrespect meant to Ape Entertainment, but it's wishful thinking to have the second Richie Rich trade solicited for this coming July. The first trade appeared in Previews last July and still hasn't come out yet. I liked the FCBD issue last year. I assume I'll like the first trade, but I'm not ordering the second book of a series in which the first book is months and months late (and has yet to be cancelled).

Okay, that little rant aside, here's what looks interesting to me:

AVENGING SPIDER-MAN 9
CAPTAIN MARVEL 1

I am so excited for Kelly Sue DeConnick's take on Carol as Captain Marvel.

CLASSIC MARVEL FIG COLL MAG JONAH JAMESON 180
I have bought exactly one of these in the past. This will be the second, no question. He can yell at my other toys!

DANGER GIRL GI JOE 1
Never been much of a DG fan, and I think it's lame that Campbell is only drawing the covers, but it could be fun.

DC COMICS PRESENTS WONDER WOMAN ADVENTURES 1
I liked the old Adventures in the DC Universe book.

HE MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE 1
The creative team + nostalgia = I will give this a look.

HEROIC HERO WITHIN 1
Fun sounding all ages superhero book from Ape.

HYPERNATURALS 1
Abnett and Lanning doing cosmic-powered superheroes in space. Yes. Definitely.

JUDAS COIN HC
Simonson, a cool idea, and that line-up of characters... yeah, I wanna see this.

NATIONAL COMICS ETERNITY 1
Un-psyched about the $4 price tag, but I'm curious to give this a read.

Comments

• Options
    MiraclemetMiraclemet Posts: 258
    Pages that are dog-eared:

p. 54 Dark Horse Eerie Comics #1

p.86 Earth 2 #3: Birth of the Alan Scott Green Lantern... wonder if they bring him into something more aligned with the Earth 1 Green Lantern-verse. Or will he still be afraid of wood?

p.272 Boom - Betrayal of The Planet of the Apes TPB: Gabriel Hardman art on a project he's passionate about...

p.238 The Stuff of Legends Omnibus Have thought about picking up the trades a dozen times. You say Omnibus, I say DEAL!

• Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794

I have bought exactly one of these in the past. This will be the second, no question. He can yell at my other toys!
    OMG. I have but two - Spiral (favorite villainess) and Ambush Bug (no surprise there). This may be #3. Does he come with a desk? Tell me he comes with a desk! :)
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803

OMG. I have but two - Spiral (favorite villainess) and Ambush Bug (no surprise there). This may be #3. Does he come with a desk? Tell me he comes with a desk! :)
    No desk. No cigar, either. But he is clenching a rolled up newspaper in his fist and shouting, so it's still pretty definitively JJJ.

For the record, the other one of these I own is Hellcat. Though one of these days I'll track down the Captain and Mary Marvel ones.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    It appears I'll be going broke buying the two (2!) new Executive Assistant books coming out from Aspen...
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    It appears I'll be going broke buying the two (2!) new Executive Assistant books coming out from Aspen...
    Guess it's doing well.

I'll take a look.

• Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    As for me, it's all about A vs X, because I'm a sucker for this stuff.