Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The end of Wrestlecrap Radio, what other podcasts do YOU miss?

RD Reynolds and Blade Braxton have announced that after seven years, they will be ending Wrestlecrap Radio.

Other than CGS, it's the podcast I have listen to the longest, and the one I have enjoyed the most. It was a great mix of discussion, comedy bits, stories of their lives and once in a while, wrestling talk. I don't think I would have started a podcast if I hadn't heard theirs, and we do a LOT of (documented) homages to them in ours.

I'll miss that show.

Any other fans? Any other past podcasts people miss?

Comments

• Options
    HellsfireHellsfire Posts: 89
    I miss the two Star Trek podcasts I used to listen to: Trekcast and Make it So! They were both great and covered multiple topics.
  • Options
    sandmansandman Posts: 199
    The Golden Age of Comics
    I Read Comics
    Comicology
    Full Moon Radio

They were among some of the first podcasts that I listened too and I really enjoyed them, but none of these have had an episode in a few years.
  • Options
    SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445
    I didn't even know there was a Golden Age podcast. I'd love it if someone was doing one of those...
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    It doesn't surprise me that WrestleCrap Radio is ending. Too many delays between episodes and even when there were new ones Blade would be almost too drunk to really contribute.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    Not surprised either. It seems RD "lost his smile" about 1 year ago. Still enjoyed it from the start to the finish.
  • Options
    Not surprised either. It seems RD "lost his smile" about 1 year ago. Still enjoyed it from the start to the finish.
    Does this mean the show will end with RD getting beat up by about a hundred Marines?

• Options
    It doesn't surprise me that WrestleCrap Radio is ending. Too many delays between episodes and even when there were new ones Blade would be almost too drunk to really contribute.
    Blade is going to continue with all of the characters he created on a different podcast...

...and you do know that Blade being drunk was a work, right?

• Options
    Blade is going to continue with all of the characters he created on a different podcast...

Yeah, but there were times he was a little too into it. Seriously, when just about every topic would lead into him telling some lewd story, it got a little excessive.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Extra Life Radio and Fell Calls.

Fell Calls was the very first podcast outside of sports that I listened to, it focused on the Warmachine and Hordes miniature wargames and the Iron Kingdoms setting in general.

Extra Life Radio. Scott Johnson, Brian Dunaway and Sergio Villa-Isaza all of whom have web comics. I just miss that trio of guys invading my ear drums.
  • Options
    Does this mean the show will end with RD getting beat up by about a hundred Marines?

No, but RD is going to be hosting a hunting show about the deepest darkest jungles of Central Indiana

:)
  • Options
    choanatachoanata Posts: 9
    Meanwhile, A Comics podcast. It was hosted by Dave Bellmore and T Campbell who you may know from his plethora of webcomics he's written or the book about webcomics he wrote. that was the first podcast I ever listened to. They would talk about some print comics, a lot of web comics and other stuff digital or non digital in nature. I remember they had on Neal Adams once where he talked about comics for the first part and it was awesome, and the second part was all about his expanding Earth theory which sounded insane. Such an awesome podcast, but they stopped years ago.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200

Sometimes it was sometimes it wasn't. Weirdly last week I saw the hobo's twin brother in my little town.
  • Options
    I have to admit, I miss The Geek Pastor. I skipped over his listing of stuff coming out, but his stories of building a church and how he fused his geek interests into his ministry were great listening, even if I am not a believer.

I also miss Infected with Martin Sergent, which was REALLY funny and well done. I still have no idea why it was ended other than it might not have made enough money for its corporate masters...still, he could have struck out on his own and done it.