Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Indonesian superheroes

Hello, it's me again with my second discussion today. I hope you all won't mind

Here are several Indonesian superheroes who rose in fame between the 50s to 70s:

1. Gina, by Gerdi WK: Superwoman of Middle eastern origin. Can fly and has super strength. Can also throw lightning bolts from her fingers She was a princess who was trained to fight and to fly by a sage after she was rescued from abduction

2. Gundala Putra Petir, by Hasmi: Indonesian Speedster. Can't really reach lightspeed but still fast and awesome. Used to be a scientist.

3. Godam, by Widi NS: Indonesian "square jawed strong guy in red cape". Can do anything a man like him can. Instead of a distant planet, he came from another dimension.

4. Santini, by Gerdi WK: More of a superagent, not a superheroine. Used to be a normal girl until a fugitive alien put an alien stone into her mouth which she swallowed, gaining her ability to fly, super strength, and X-Ray vision. Since then, she helped Interpol and the Double Os. Also cold never bothers her.

That's all for now. Your opinions will be appreciated

Comments

• Love it. I often collect American comics but published in different countries. It is nice to see some original characters from those countries as well.
  • Thank you.

One more thing. I don't want to start a debate here, since my first attempt on it resulted ony post being deleted. I just want to ask you something..

What's the first thing in your mind when seeing a cover like the Santini one, where the heroine is being tied and scantly clad? Do you see a confident, powerful woman being put in a difficult situation, or a woman being unnecessarily "exploited"? You may answer only once, and I might not going to reply