Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Earth 2, thoughts? No spoilers.

2»

Comments

• Options
    demonbeardemonbear Posts: 159
    tried it thinking it may be a good way to get my DC feet wet... i didn't like the pace of the first issue, and the art was not my cup of tea either. wasn't too excited to read the next issue, so i ended up giving the book away to a friend
  • Options
    tried it thinking it may be a good way to get my DC feet wet... i didn't like the pace of the first issue, and the art was not my cup of tea either. wasn't too excited to read the next issue, so i ended up giving the book away to a friend
    I've got a few you could buy, not like then give them to me if you want :)
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    #2 wasn't bad and looking forward to #3.
  • Options
    demonbeardemonbear Posts: 159
    I've got a few you could buy, not like then give them to me if you want :)
    Haha! That's why I'm more picky with what I buy...!!

• Options
    TrevTrev Posts: 310
    2 is my jumping off point. Nothing pulling me in about any of the characters in yhe book and the two most interesting we're pulled out of the book in the first issue.
  • Options
    Got the first issue of Earth 2 #1 out of my box just before I left for Sydney Supanova. Got there and got Nicola Scott to sign it. Take that for fast turn around. The only real reason I'm getting it is because of her but so far the story hasn't got me yet... especially since what happened to batman. I'm not that much into DC continuity.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    I am soooo loving this comic! Two thoughts jump out at me in reference to Alan becoming the GL. Any body remember that the Lone Rangers mask is made of his dead brothers vest? The eye holes he looks out from behind were the bullet holes that killed his brother. He is literally looking at the world through a context of love and death. This issue and Alan Scott's origin remind me of that. Also, a hero recieving his commission by talking to fire has at least a passing old testament connotation to it. This is shaping up to be absolutely epic and I cannot wait for more. I wish the main justice league title was half this good.