Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1724 Talkback - The CGS 'Best of 2018' Awards Nominations Show

It's the gala comic-talk event a whole year in the making: the revelation of which comics/characters/creators have been deemed worthy of consideration, by Geeks and CGS listeners alike, as candidates for the coveted 'Best of 2018' Awards! Find out who and what are in the conversation this year, then get ready to vote for the winners! (3:00:08)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    Just started listening, but I assume there will be a master list posted?
  • Options

There will be, @DAR! Expect the master list to be posted on the main forum in two days or so by @Adam_Murdough.

• Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    edited February 2019
    Thank you sir.

Another thing to add. I didn't submit a list because I thought I didn't read as much from the year to warrant enough nominations. But then l'm about 1:40 into the episode and so far I read more than I thought.

TLDR: I have to keep better track of things
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    edited February 2019
    BEST NEW HERO or HERO TEAM (debut in 2018): Inspector Insector (Black Hammer)
    BEST NEW VILLAIN or VILLAIN TEAM (debut in 2018): pass
    BEST NEW COMIC (first issue shipped in 2018): Black Badge
    BEST LIMITED SERIES (last issue shipped in 2018): Mister Miracle

BEST SINGLE ISSUE OR ONE-SHOT: TBD

BEST CLIFFHANGER/MOMENT: Saga #54
    BEST STORYLINE (within a series or across multiple series): Black Hammer: Age of Doom
    BEST SLEEPER/SURPRISE HIT: pass
    BEST ONGOING COMIC (need not have begun publication in 2018): pass
    BEST GRAPHIC ALBUM (OGN or COLLECTION): My Heroes Have Always Been Junkies
    BEST WRITER: Jason Aaron
    BEST ARTIST: Mitch Gerads
    BEST WRITER/ARTIST: Jeff Lemire
    BEST COLOR ARTIST: Matt Wilson
    BEST LETTERER: Todd Klein
    I know most people are over voting for Todd, but who else would have been able to handle LOEG: The Tempest with all its logo and publication homages?

BREAKTHROUGH TALENT OF 2018: Kelly Thompson
  • Options
    I am very happy to know that Doctor Star & The Kingdom of the Lost Tomorrows is on the ballot. I recently became a father, so the emotional impact probably hit me harder than it would have in previous years. I certainly found myself thinking back on that Lemire mini-series much more than anything else I read in 2018.
  • Options
    BryanBryan Posts: 208
    I just finished the episode and wanted to say thank you to @Adam_Murdough for making sure Gideon Falls got in there somewhere. Otherwise I would have lost my faith in the lot of you (kidding) (kind of).

I am disappointed that Highest House didn’t get any love, it was really spectacular.
  • Options
    Bryan said:

I am disappointed that Highest House didn’t get any love, it was really spectacular.

You and me both. I saw enough responses in the forums that I had a small bit of hope it would make the ballot somehow, but I wasn’t exactly holding my breath either.