Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Batwoman (CW TV Show)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vrIiPcv4_iY

I want to thank The CW for this trailer so I know not waste a single second watching this show.

Comments

• Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

I checked this out only because of your post. Strangely enough, it never popped up on my YouTube feed.

My favorite comments on their comment section revolve around her “I not about to let a man take credit for a woman’s work”, pointing out she stole a man’s brand to do that work.

Couple of questions: hasn’t the “I do what I want, I don’t follow rules” bit gotten stale with these? Also, if her girlfriend dies during the rescue (or prior), that’s a “refrigerator” moment, right?

• Options
    aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552
    Mihawk said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vrIiPcv4_iY

I want to thank The CW for this trailer so I know not waste a single second watching this show.

FTW!
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

I’ve been watching the reactions to this teaser trailer. I’m actually surprised how many females, and females in the LGBTQ+ community have issues with the trailer.

• Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511

You don’t think that the upcape zoom in on her ass has anything to do with that?

• Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    I try to be positive about superheroes being translated into other media formats. We are living in the golden area of Superhero film and TV. 12 year old me would have killed for something like this to have happened in my lifetime. We are so spoiled now... how can you complain? The production value of these shows are amazing; the costumes look legit, the sets are great, the lighting, the effects, all top-notch.

However, having said all that... wow, "Batwoman" looks like total garbage. The only possible reason I would watch it, is because it was filmed in my hometown and it is fun to pick out all the locations on these shows. Even then, I doubt I would give it the time of day.

(12 year old me is crying).
  • Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    With Arrow ending I'm done with the CW verse. I just absolutely hate their way of storytelling. The only thing that could possibly pull me back is an actual Superman show which has been rumored.

But seriously the Flash has been absolutely awful for 3 seasons in a row, Supirgirl is always just average, Legends is far to campy for me, some people seems to really enjoy that one, but I am not one of them. And Black Lighting that first season was fine, but I just haven't had the energy to continue.

Arrow for me has been the most consistent, the only season I didn't like was season 4.
  • Options
    LOL honestly the only episode I've seen of this show was because of the crossover. But I wanted to talk about the shows recent news. The lead actress quit and insisted of recasting the character, their looking for a brand new character that has zero connections to Kate or any of the people that they establish connections with Kate in the first season? So why if you actually watch this show would you continue doing so at this point? Literally your entire season 1 is a wash.

Imagine if Arrow season 2 a completely new character that has no connection to Oliver in any way became Arrow? Not even someone like Roy who is at least his sidekick. LoL ridiculous.

It's the CW so it will probably get a 3rd season, but what's the point? This new person has zero connections to the Bat Family.
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    Mihawk said:

LOL honestly the only episode I've seen of this show was because of the crossover. But I wanted to talk about the shows recent news. The lead actress quit and insisted of recasting the character, their looking for a brand new character that has zero connections to Kate or any of the people that they establish connections with Kate in the first season? So why if you actually watch this show would you continue doing so at this point? Literally your entire season 1 is a wash.

Imagine if Arrow season 2 a completely new character that has no connection to Oliver in any way became Arrow? Not even someone like Roy who is at least his sidekick. LoL ridiculous.

It's the CW so it will probably get a 3rd season, but what's the point? This new person has zero connections to the Bat Family.

I'll likely give it a go to see what it's about. She looked the part, but was pretty wooden. I don't know that we're really missing that much, though I'd think a simple recasting might have been preferable.
  • Options
    hauberk said:

Mihawk said:

I'll likely give it a go to see what it's about. She looked the part, but was pretty wooden. I don't know that we're really missing that much, though I'd think a simple recasting might have been preferable.
    There's no question they tailored Kate to fit Ruby, but I think it's mistake to not just recast her character. But if your bringing in a new character? There are so many great options other then some random character that the CW is creating themselves.

Do Helena Wayne, with Crisis they have en easy way to wipe away the awful version of Helena that appears in the first couple of seasons of Arrow. She has a deep connection to Batman since she's his flipping daughter. I would actually be interested in that.

Cassandra Cain would be a better option, Stephanie Brown. Of course Barbara.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I don't know what to think abot this. I liked Ruby Rose well enough in the role. Not my favorite character but I fel this show was all over the place. It just never felt coheseive to me. Now she's out and from what I had read, her character is being killed off to be replaced. I'm not sure how I feel about it but I think the show doesn't last a second season, but I've been wrong before. I think THe CW's bar when it comes to what shows get cancelled are a bit lower but who knows? Maybe the shake-up will bring something that I feel the show is lacking.