Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

A Confession

Hi all

I feel the need to do a little confession.

Unlike most of you ladies and gentlemen here, I'm not really into wide varieties of comic books or pop culture
My interests have always been specific for as long as I remember: Horror, weird stuff and monsters
I'm not actually into superheroes that much. The reason why I wrote the post about Indonesian superheroes is merely out of sympathy of how they're not as well known as they could've been. And that interest sparked around two years ago, when I stumbled on a certain superheroine comic book cover that's a bit.... alluring (you can see that in one of my posts. It's called Santini vs Satelit Omega). How the cover betray my country's current more conservative culture, suggesting how much different the world was, or at least my country back then. No, it's not a perverted kind of interest, mind you.

I like superheroes, though, but not a fan. I know their stories, a little bit of their history, the tropes, and so on, just like how a "normie" understand superhero pop culture. I don't follow MCU or DC, and honestly it makes me feel like I've missed something so significant in modern pop culture, but again, it ain't my thing. But I almost religiously follow Legendary Monsterverse.

That is why I produce far less contents than many of you here. I basically have nothing to say. But I do enjoy my time here, and the interactions.

Comments

• Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Even though the podcast is COMIC Geek Speak, I've always felt the emphasis should be on the middle word as much as anything. To be a "Geek" is to be a fan or fanatic of something - in your case horror, monsters and weird stuff - and you have a place at the table as far as that's concerned.

And I probably don't have to tell you there are plenty of horror and monster based comics out there.

Whatever your particular fandom may be, we're glad you're here.
  • Options
    carcharioncarcharion Posts: 36

Yes, you don't have to tell me about horror and monster comics. I've known many of them. I enjoy Japanese one the most.

And thank you for the kind words.