Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Episode 1757 Talkback - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Movie Review

In this Force-majeure episode, we share our mixed feelings about Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker, the conclusion of the latest trilogy of Star Wars motion pictures: what it did right, where it went wrong, where our hopes lie for the future of Star Wars. Listen, and your journey toward the Dark Side will be complete!! (1:34:27)

Listen here.

Comments

• mphilmphil Posts: 448
    Great conversation as always.

I really liked how @Adam_Murdough described these types of movies as a MacGuffin Quest. As soon as he described that idea that my mind immediately went to Aquaman. I hadn't thought about it, but there are a lot of movies these days following that sort of formula. When Murdough said that Rise of Skywalker reminded him of Aquaman it sort of confirmed my beliefs. So great insight there.

• DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    @ShaneKelly It sounded like you were describing the Knights of the Old Republic regarding the ancient Jedi and Sith
  • Only halfway through but really enjoying this discussion. @ShaneKelly, your info connecting plot points to the expanded universe certainly added a helpful perspective.

One great thing about the end of this trilogy: I for one am hoping that the end of the mysteries about Rey’s background means we can finally get a bunch of comics starring her. Since the release of the Force Awakens, the Marvel Comics have been amazing, but in terms of Rey appearing in anything, she may as well have been frozen in carbonite. Like the Marvel Comics were with Han between the release of Empire and ROTJ: we’ll give you new stories but none of them can feature your favorite character. Even worse, they couldn’t even do flashback tales.