Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1777 Talkback - Comic Talk

i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 784
edited December 2020 in CGS Episodes & Spin-Offs

We begin this Comic Talk on an elegiacal note, as we reflect on the lives and work of two recently departed titans of the industry, Denny O'Neil and Joe Sinnott. Also, some further thoughts on the Stargirl TV series and the possible fate of the DC Universe streaming service; reports of our recent off-the-shelf reading; Muddle the Murd; and other moments of Midnight Madness (1:19:12)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    BryanBryan Posts: 208
    Haven’t listened to the whole episode yet, but I do want to say one thing to @Adam_Murdough re: stargirl. I agree, the girls family blew it way out of proportion, but unrealistic? No, there are plenty of terrible parents in the world that would do that sort of thing. I remember a high school friends parents who called her a slut and a whore for kissing her boyfriend. It definitely happens.
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    I noticed the show hasn’t been uploaded to Spotify
  • Options
    i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 784
    DAR said:

I noticed the show hasn’t been uploaded to Spotify

@DAR Thanks for the head's up sir, it's on there now!
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    Loved the episode and wanted to speak on @Adam_Murdough 's view on Yolanda's family. The sad fact is that there are some people who let their religion dictate their actions and not always for the best. Being Jewish, I know of some friends who have been disowned for less to be honest. For those parents, it's almost as bad for them from their perspective. They see it as losing their child in a way. I'm not saying it's right but that's the view that some people have. It's sad but true and I think James Robinson did a very good job conveying that. For all that Yolanda did beforehand, her parents are always goingto see the girl who sent those photos out to her boyfriend. It makes you angry and it's supposed to but it is in fact, a reality.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

@Adam_Murdough I concur with the comments above. I (briefly) dated a girl in college who’s parents were pretty strict & religious. We couldn’t even hold hands in front of them.