Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Episode 1798 Talkback - January 2021 Previews

As the month of January comes to a close, gather round for a run through Previews #388, Marvel Previews #7, and DC Connect #8 for books mostly scheduled for release in March 2021. Bryan Deemer joins the crew for the first part of our perusal of catalogs, while the three person team of Chris Eberle, Adam Murdough and Ian Levenstein soldier through the rest of the rest of the books. Plenty of stuff to read ahead of us! (2:39:33)

Listen here or watch the video and read Previews along with us!

https://youtu.be/6_OUo6JSq9k

Comments

• BryanBryan Posts: 207
    Thanks for going through this again so we don’t have to. I look forward to these every month.

That said, I would like to point out that twice in the image section @wildpigcomics talked about how excited he was for something without actually mentioning the title of the book (I haven’t finished the episode yet, so others may have done it as well, can’t be sure).

Both Bitter Root & Friend of the Devil were referenced only by page number, not by title. Bitter Root I was able to figure out as I have been reading it as well, so the mention of the characters and the creative team clued me in, but if I hadn’t been reading it I’m not sure I would have been able to do so. For Friend of the Devil, the name Reckless was mentioned, but not the actual title of the new book. To be fair, the second is less of an issue - if you ask your LCS for the latest installment of Reckless or search DCBS for Reckless, that’ll show up, but at this point I was listening for the title so I noticed it was never said.

If you could please try to make sure to mention the title of the book verbally I would very much appreciate it. I know it’s hard to remember when you have the catalog up on a shared screen like that, but not all of us are going to move over to watching the podcast on YouTube. Thanks.

Bryan

P.S. As I was listening a second time just now to confirm what I thought I heard in my car, I noticed Chris said “if we do our awards episode this year...”. If? Is that a thing that might not happen this year?
  • i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 781
    edited January 2021
    @Bryan We are indeed doing it, and information is to come on the episode we recorded tonight!

We'll also try and be more clear about what we're discussing. It's also why I try my best to call out page numbers even after one of the other Geeks mentions an issue in the catalog.
  • nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,736
    Really looking forward to the James Stokoe miniseries. @brydeemer, did you check out the Batman Annual that came out last month? Stokoe didn't write it, but he did everything else.

Also excited about the new series by Chris Samnee and his wife. The book was originally solicited right before the pandemic hit, so I've been waiting on it for a while. They have two girls, who I'm sure are the inspiration behind the story. And they're the kind of people I like to hang out with, so I really hope it does well for them.

If there’s anything I've learned from reading Rumble, it’s that James Harren is great at drawing monster fights. We’ll see how his writing is, but I'm definitely down for givingUltramega a try too.
  • BryanBryan Posts: 207
    edited January 2021

For what it’s worth, I though the first Undone by Blood miniseries was great.