Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Episode 1830 Talkback - Comic Talk

i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 781
edited November 2021 in CGS Episodes & Spin-Offs

Shane, Ian and Murd gather together to discuss as much geeky goodness as they can fit into an episode! Topics include the Ringo Award winners, trailers for Morbius (with spoilers for Venom 2: Let There Be Carnage), The Batman, Flash, The Book of Boba Fett and Black Adam, Shane goes into Hasbro Pulse Con announcements and his recent toy purchases around said Pulse Con and elsewhere, the new Neca Goliath figure from Gargoyles is amazing, Ian discusses books he grabbed at New York Comic Con along with Robin #1, Robins #1 Fantastic Four: Life Story #4, Star Trek: Prodigy and Young Justice: Phantoms, Murd reads Alan Moore's Neonomicon in honor of All Hallow's Eve, talks CW's The Flash and the lack of a cranial fin on Despero and Stargirl Season Two, and we finish things out with an in-depth and spoiler-filled discussion of the 2021 Dune movie. And even a Muddle the Murd, even! (2:25:27)

Listen here or watch us on YouTube:

Comments

• hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511

@Adam_Murdough I've caught up on this episode tonight. Thank you for the kind words. We're keeping the lights on for you whenever you all are ready to come back from Facebook. I've been chewing on that set of Muddle questions for years, trying to figure out the third part (which I hit upon in the last year due to the joyous gasping/groaning recommendations of @wildpigcomics)

I cannot strongly enough suggest that The Shadowline Saga is worth the time, at least until Critical Mass, which pretty clearly was a high speed pruning of what would have been a much bigger story. Also, it is one of the biggest tragedies that I consistently see in the bargain bins.

At the time, it was the tightest continuity that I had read with each issue being informed by the most recent issues of the other two series while still being able to be read as a stand alone. That is largely because DG Chichester was writing it all (except for the final issues of Power Line and Doctor Zero) and based on characters credited to Archie Goodwin. The covers by Bill Sienkiewicz, JohnmMuth, Kevin Nowlan, Mark Chiarello, Kevin O'Neill, Grey Morrow and Kent Williams each taking a hand at a month's worth of covers.

• If you're talking about letters of the alphabet, something like a slash or any kind of accent is called a diacritic. Numbers can't have diacritics though. According to the wikipedia article "Slashed Zero", the slash that sometimes appears in a zero is called... a slash.

• Are you guys trying to tell me that I'm not going to get any activity books or read-along story books based on this new version of Dune? That's a downer.