Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

G.I. Joe Trade Help! Knowing is half the battle

...and I don't know. I was doing good on my quest for every G.I. Joe trade but I've hit a couple recent snags. Is the Snake Eyes vs. Storm Shadow current IDW series going to be a trade? I can't find any info on it and my LCS doesn't even carry this in monthlies.

Next: Are the G.I. Joe Cobra Command (vol. 1 and 2) that are coming up just compilations of what I already have or will be getting in the regular ongoing series trades? I have them on order but it seems like this is the case and I'd like to cancel them in time if that is all they are.

Honestly, IDW needs to put out a checklist or something because it is close to impossible to find out what is coming out or coming up and what it actually contains. I can't imagine trying to stay current in monthly comics with these, it is close to a full time job trying to keep up with the trades! Any help is seriously appreciated! Yo Joe!

Answers

• Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    I share your pain brother.
  • Options
    ravenraven Posts: 41
    "Snake Eyes vs. Storm Shadow" was called just "snake eyes" and changed its name on issue 13
    Whatever trade it would be in has not been solicited.

i think Cobra Command are a mix of the main joe book, cobra and snake eyes dealing with aftermath of the new cobra commander. I am pretty sure its all untraded material.
  • Options
    ZhurrieZhurrie Posts: 617
    Ahh... well that makes some sense then on the Snake Eyes vs. Storm Shadow thing. Thanks! Really unnecessarily confusing though.

The Cobra Command books though I'm still unclear on... The IDW solicit states for vol. 1:

Bullet points:
    • Includes issues #9 of all three ongoing series of G.I. JOE, Cobra, and Snake Eyes, as well as G.I. JOE #10.

So to me that means it is just a compilation of what was already released. But I have no idea if there will be any exclusive content or reason to buy these if I already have all of the issues in their regular series trades. The solicit doesn't mention exclusives or extras but if there are any then I won't cancel my pre-orders.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    And now we know!
  • Options
    :) But I still don't know, I have no way of knowing if those Cobra Command trades are important or not for any exclusives or extra content. I do know not to use the stove when my parents aren't home, not to walk on thin ice, and not to play in construction yards though!
  • Options
    Ahh... well that makes some sense then on the Snake Eyes vs. Storm Shadow thing. Thanks! Really unnecessarily confusing though.

The Cobra Command books though I'm still unclear on... The IDW solicit states for vol. 1:

Bullet points:
    • Includes issues #9 of all three ongoing series of G.I. JOE, Cobra, and Snake Eyes, as well as G.I. JOE #10.

So to me that means it is just a compilation of what was already released. But I have no idea if there will be any exclusive content or reason to buy these if I already have all of the issues in their regular series trades. The solicit doesn't mention exclusives or extras but if there are any then I won't cancel my pre-orders.
    The issues in the 2 Cobra Command trades contain issues that have not be been put in to trade.
  • Options
    @raven, do you know what though? Because the solicit only mentions the #9 issues and the #10. When I clicked on the "Look Inside" on Amazon it seemed like it started with the Cobra Commander story from the Annual. I'd love to know if you know!
  • Options
    Cobra Command is a crossover between the 3 titles so its parts 1-4 in the trade, i can't view the amazon its blocked here at work

i have been reading IDW's gi joe relaunch from the get go. I will be buying the TPB's like its all new material,