Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1226 Talkback: Super Wild Pig Show Recap

PantsPants Posts: 567
edited May 2012 in CGS Episodes & Spin-Offs
Comic Geek Speak and Wild Pig Comics joined forces this past weekend to put on the Super Wild Pig Show and we had a great time. In this episode we talk about the setup, our purchases, the Freking Swear Awards, the raffles, who we saw at the show and more. (1:20:38)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    Amalgam_ManAmalgam_Man Posts: 53
    I have been wanting to go to both Supershow and the Wild Pig Show. With family responsibilities and low funds it never works out. I'm happy to know there a shows out there like this. I hope to possibly make it one day, until then, keep up the good work.
  • Options
    CalibanCaliban Posts: 1,358
    Congratulations to all Freking Sweer award winners.
    All very well deserved.
  • Options
    KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    Chris's other song he sang was "I Touch Myself." And you mentioned YouTube, but he requested they not be put up there due to his day job. :(

So I have blackmail material on him and I STILL didn't win a raffle. I think I need to have a talk with him.....
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    What a great show. I was the guy who asked for the Supergirl, Wonder Woman and Batgirl sketch for my daughter who just turned 11 months on May 8th. The other two for sketch I got was from Andrew Charipar. He made me a Superman sketch. He didn't like the first attempt so he made another one and showed me both of them. It was really quite cool and his art is amazing. It was just an overall fun show. I got some great stuff at the show and talked to a lot of very cool and nice people. A highlight was finally getting a chance to meet Dan and Jim from the LanternCast. Overall, a very nice day.
  • Options
    BetaRayBenBetaRayBen Posts: 50
    Thanks for the shout-out. I was also the guy all psyched about finding Batman Family #12. It's in sad shape, but I'll give it a good home.

I had a great time, and will return next year if I can!
  • Options
    WoodWood Posts: 19
    Great seeing you guys as usual, and everyone looking fit and happy. Jamie looks great, nice to see some pep in his step. Bry's ink is sick, love it. Shane looks 10 years younger without the facial hair. Murd was as wide eyed and informative as ever. Pants continues to hold down the fort, and even looked a bit taller (maybe it's the platform shoes). I didn't get a chance to talk to Matt or Mike, but there's always next time.

One thing that cracked me up...when Murd mentioned my name in the recap episode, he referred to me as "Jason Wood, Esquire." I assure you friends that I am not, nor will I ever be, a lawyer.
  • Options
    Yeah- thank's for the shoutout guys! I'm Davin- Murd, you were correct in saying I was from up north, but I didn't tell you guys that! You saw my Boston Comic Con shirt and put it together, haha.