Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

TV news: Jenna-Louise Coleman is the Doctor's new companion (maybe some spoilers)

LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
And in keeping with tradition, she's a cutie. Apparently she had a small part in Captain America. I'll have to go back and see who she was.

The bad news in all this? We don't meet her until Episode 6, which is the Christmas Special, which means that we only get 6 episodes of Who this whole year! Razzafrazza British TV scheduling. :-q

Does that mean we'll at least get more than 3 Sherlocks this year if Moffat is giving us so little Who?

Comments

• electric_mayhemelectric_mayhem Posts: 641
    edited March 2012
    I gotta start watching this series... For me alone, I preferred the last one. :x
  • jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    Wait. I thought the season usually kicks off with the Christmas special. Is that not the case for this season?
  • tazmaniaktazmaniak Posts: 733
    Depending on how you look at it, the Christmas special ends one series or begins the next, as it airs between series.Usually Doctor Who begins a series in April, but this year it isn't beginning until the fall, which means the series will still be going when Christmas comes around, so this year's Christmas Special will actually be a part of the current series and not a bridge between series.
  • My thought was that because of the filming schedule and broadcast schedule the Christmas special was like a first half finale that shows are going to recently but the season is just divided in half by it. Tennant had a Christmas special but both halves were marketed as one season as have all since then.
  • jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    Interesting. So the Christmas special is going to bridge the first half and the second half of the series then? I can live with that.
  • At least that is the way I have always viewed the series since it's reboot. If not perhaps someone else has another take and can explain it to me.
  • Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    I got a "Disagree" for the "Rawwr!" and the pic? Someone has lost their marbles! ;)
  • I got a "Disagree" for the "Rawwr!" and the pic? Someone has lost their marbles! ;)
    I didn't give you the disagree, but I don't think this is the best picture of her. There are some out there where she's completely adorable. This one makes her look like she's related to Snooki. ;)
  • random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    Good. I'm soooooo tired of Pond. I think these companions are being kept around way too long. A season, maybe two but this is too much.
  • Good. I'm soooooo tired of Pond. I think these companions are being kept around way too long. A season, maybe two but this is too much.
    Tired of Pond?!
    I'm afraid I must differ with you on that. Not my favorite, but I still think she's been great.
  • TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    She kinda reminds me of Zoe (2nd doctor companion) if you cut her hair shorter and put her in a catsuit. Same perky type look about her.
  • LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    She kinda reminds me of Zoe (2nd doctor companion) if you cut her hair shorter and put her in a catsuit. Same perky type look about her.
    Now there's a great comparison. Mmm... Zoe. :\">
  • random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    edited June 2012
    Good. I'm soooooo tired of Pond. I think these companions are being kept around way too long. A season, maybe two but this is too much.
    I

Tired of Pond?!
    I'm afraid I must differ with you on that. Not my favorite, but I still think she's been great.
    That's okay you can differ. I've had problems with her, or more with the writing of her, since The Beast Below. And I'm sure I'm gonna get jumped for this but that's okay too. At the end of The Beast Below the Doctor is about to lobotomize this space whale. The Doctor, our titular character is about to do something really horrible, and POND figures it out? No. But! It makes her more of an equal to the Doctor! No. But! Thats why the Doctor finds her interesting! No. But! She is a strong female character! No. The Doctor by definition has to be the most interesting character on the screen. The companions job is exposition. They stand there and they say, "what is it Doctor? I don't understand." and the Doctor gets to be amazing.

I have the same problem with the Joker in The Dark Knight. Batman is outshined by Heath Ledger's tremendous performance. (and don't get me wrong it was great but that movie needs to be called The Joker Show.) In a Batman movie Batman needs to solve the puzzle, beat the bad guy, be amazing. In Doctor Who the Doctor needs to solve the puzzle, beat the bad buy and be amazing without the assistance of a mere human.

• Fade2BlackFade2Black Posts: 1,457
    And in keeping with tradition, she's a cutie. Apparently she had a small part in Captain America. I'll have to go back and see who she was. . . .
    Voilà!

(slightly Photoshopped to draw the focus to Jenna - not to imply she isn't capable of standing out in a crowd)

• John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    nope - still can't spot her......
  • Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    nope - still can't spot her......
    HA! :))
  • rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    Rawrr!

Is this from her appearance on Jersey Shore?

• dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    She is cute,but not as cute as Amy is.
  • LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    True, but really, how many people are as cute as Karen Gillen? I think Wil Wheaton said it best:

• CalibanCaliban Posts: 1,358

Is this from her appearance on Jersey Shore?

Apparently the Doctor first meets her on the planet Orange
  • rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    well played, sir.
  • dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    True, but really, how many people are as cute as Karen Gillen? I think Wil Wheaton said it best:

Well I will admit I am biased towards natural redheads.