Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

DCBS Question

I can't find an analog to the old DCBS thread, I already placed my order for the July books, but realized I missed a couple. When I went back to add them as a new order it is charging me shipping again. I emailed DCBS but hadn't heard back yet. What do I do? I assumed I could add to my order. Do I just put it through as-is and then they only charge me shipping once when they actually ship or how do I add these books?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    ZhurrieZhurrie Posts: 617
    Thanks, I had tried both ways but when I would go to check out it would add the shipping... I re-read everything after your answer and I realized even though they go to the cart they also go to the order and then I just close the order edit. Man, that is not very intuitive at all but I got it now!
  • Options
    ctowner1ctowner1 Posts: 481
    hey..I notice DCBS shipped via USPS this week (as opposed to UPS or Fed Ex, which they've used in the past). Looks like this is resulting in me NOT getting my comics today/Friday, as I usually do. Anyone know if this is just a one off thing? Or is this their new shipping plan?

e
    L nny

PS: So IS there a regular DCBS thread? I found this one via a search.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    The last three months for me have been UPS, Fed Ex and USPS, it has always been UPS in the past, I still got my books in the same amount time I usually do when they were shipped by Fed Ex and the USPS, I'm taking it as they are trying to see what works best for their customers. I'm on the other side of Indiana, just a couple hours away from Fort Wayne so I always got my books pretty quick anyways.
  • Options
    well..I can see where Indiana to Indiana wouldn't vary results too much. I know the CA guys don't get their books until the following Monday or Tuesday. I'm in NY - and I REALLY love getting the books on Friday, so I can read them during the weekend. Hope this USPS thing isn't going to last long if it means I won't be getting them then!

e
    L nny
  • Options
    Being in the same state doesn't mean much anymore for deliveries, Indiana has had some of the sorting hubs closed up or downsized. I usually get my books the Monday after they ship, a few Tuesdays though. If there's a holiday I'll get them sometime between Tuesday and Thursday. Only twice in the last two years have I gotten them on Saturday.
  • Options
    FlagwaverFlagwaver Posts: 140
    I used to get mine with UPS but they suddenly changed it to FedEx without warning. I cannot say that I mind since I seem to be getting them quicker since the switch. Heck, my last shipment was delivered on a Saturday!
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    I used to be UPS but have been FedEx for the last few months.
  • Options
    well..I can see where Indiana to Indiana wouldn't vary results too much. I know the CA guys don't get their books until the following Monday or Tuesday. I'm in NY - and I REALLY love getting the books on Friday, so I can read them during the weekend. Hope this USPS thing isn't going to last long if it means I won't be getting them then!

e
    L nny
    Actually, as it turned out, my comics DID come on Friday last week! Great job, dcbs!!

e
    L nny
  • Options
    TheMarvelManTheMarvelMan Posts: 159
    Having used DCBS for nearly five years now, I also recommend that you simply send them an email asking them to add to or delete from your order. I assure you, their customer service is peerless, and your order will be changed flawlessly, and without a change in your shipping charges (regardless of who the carrier is that week/month).
  • Options
    kfreemankfreeman Posts: 314
    My shipments have switched to USPS from UPS for about the last six weeks or so.
  • Options
    kayfabedkayfabed Posts: 1
    Anyone in the u.k use this?
    I'm in Scotland and have been using DCBS since 2010. I heard the CGS guys and other myriad podcasts mention it so often that I decided to try it out. A truly first class service and, with the number of books I buy every month, considerably cheaper than using any comic shop near me. I can't recommend it highly enough.
  • Options
    bustybusty Posts: 104
    What's the postage like?
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Posts: 308
    What's the postage like?
    I recently stopped using them (due to my pull list shrinking rapidly), but if you get a lot of stuff each month, eg. over 40 comics plus trades, it's better than buying in the UK. Even with approx $50-$60 shipping. In 5 years buying that amount or more, I always ended up paying less than buying the same stuff from UK sources. When the exchange rate was great I saved loads, and when it was bad I still saved a bit.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I just want to share some of the craziness we now have with all of the downsizing being done by USPS, UPS and Fed Ex. This is in no way a bash on DCBS/IST.

I recently placed an IST order and this is the route it took: from Fort Wayne, Indiana it went to Warrendale, Pennsylvania to Forest Park, Illinois and then back here to Indiana. Just a few months ago it would have gone from Fort Wayne to Gary then to my doorstep, never leaving the state. I was talking to drivers from each respective company today and the USPS driver joked about how in state deliveries are now visiting more states in one week then he's been to his whole life.

• Options
    Having used DCBS for nearly five years now, I also recommend that you simply send them an email asking them to add to or delete from your order. I assure you, their customer service is peerless, and your order will be changed flawlessly, and without a change in your shipping charges (regardless of who the carrier is that week/month).
    definitely! they are excellent about changes.

e
    L nny