Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

D&D 4th Edition Books for Sale

I've got a stack of 4th Edition books that I'm looking to get rid of. All in excellent condition.

Dungeon Master's Guide
Monster Manual
Player's Handbook
Player's Handbook 2
Adventurer's Vault
Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide
Forgotten Realms Player's Guide
Dungeon Master's Screen
Keep on the Shadowfell Adventure
Thunderspire Labyrinth Adventure
Pyramid of Shadows Adventure

I'll sell you the whole lot for $100 + shipping.

Let me know if you are interested,

Bry

Comments

• Options
    kfreemankfreeman Posts: 314
    Getting out, or prepping for 5th ed?
  • Options
    brydeemerbrydeemer Posts: 216
    Kevin,

My group decided to stick with 3.5. We are all curious about what 5th edition will end up being. We are hopeful of course, but also skeptical.

Right now I just want to get rid of stuff so I have less to move. Also, having the extra cash in hand is not a bad thing.

Bry
  • Options
    MiraclemetMiraclemet Posts: 258
    *cough* there's a ebay/pre-ebay/etc thread for sales... *cough*

good luck with the sale though.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    *cough* there's a ebay/pre-ebay/etc thread for sales... *cough*

good luck with the sale though.
    If anybody has the right to start a thread anydamnwhere he wants, it's Bryan.

:-\"
  • Options

I was gonna say the same thing, ;)

Bry

• Options

I was gonna say the same thing, ;)

Bry
    Got your back, Bry.

Even if you did fail to appreciate the glory of 4e! ;)
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    The glory of 4e....we didn't care too much for it either. We stuck with 3e and also delved into Pathfinder.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Begun, the Edition Wars have.
  • Options
    I loved the way that the 4th edition books were organized. Best books yet. And I didn't hate the system. I didn't really love it, but I didn't hate it.

The other guys in my group, however, really hated it. With a passion. So we stuck with 3.5.

Bry
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I don't hate 4e, it's just not what I was looking for in an rpg.

I have friends that love 4e and others that despise it. I just don't care about it either way.

I also tend not to drop money a new edition every 4 to 5 years. I didn't do it with 40k, D & D or any other other game. When D & D went to 3e it was years before I bought any books for it. I still have all of my 2e books and we get together every few months to run through Undermountain.
  • Options
    I don't hate 4e, it's just not what I was looking for in an rpg.

I have friends that love 4e and others that despise it. I just don't care about it either way.

I also tend not to drop money a new edition every 4 to 5 years. I didn't do it with 40k, D & D or any other other game. When D & D went to 3e it was years before I bought any books for it. I still have all of my 2e books and we get together every few months to run through Undermountain.
    I must confess to being a Rules Monkey.

I'm always looking for a better system.

I have been since 1978.

Tactically, 4e is one of the most fun RPGs I've ever played. Right up there with Champions.

As a gamemaster, 4e has been a dream to run.

But I will admit that, because combat has been so much fun, I have tended toward very combat-heavy games.

I hate the idea of buying another rule set so soon, but I most likely will.

Though my next campaign is gonna use FATE rules.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    The combat was the issue for me in 4e. My friends that run 4e games thrive on sessions with very heavy combat and while I do like a good slugfest, I get bored of it pretty quickly in a pen & paper rpg.

Games like 40k, where after 25+ years, that rules system is showing its age and still has lots of room for improvement. I let my friends buy the new rulebooks, I read them, learn what I need to then I'm good to go. The more I play that game the more I dislike it, even as its updated and "improved".

I am looking forward to the new Iron Kingdoms rpg. The game under the OGL did not do that setting justice.
  • Options
    Holy. Cow.

I thought D&D Edition Wars were bad.

I just looked up Traveller, to see who was publishing it currently.

It's insane.

There's about eight different versions available.

Stev jackso's publishing two different versions themselves!

Madness!

Space Madness!
  • Options
    How about $75? Any takers?

Bry
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    Still got my 1st edition books, I'll stick to those. Although I've been intrigued by the various "new" editions over the years, I could never bring myself to abandon my first love. Although the killer artwork on the new editions looked to be worth the price alone.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    I was looking for these a couple of years ago and couldn't find a copy to save my life. I finished up buying Pathfinder and trying to fake it. That worked about as well as you might expect.
  • Options
    I can do 50 if you haven't sold them... :) I LOVE D&D with a passion and our Dungeon master just lost all of his books pretty unexpectedly... :( this would be a great surprise for him