Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Comments

• Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    I knew his Jonah Hex work more than anything else. And it was sooo good. I loved how well it held in black and white in the Showcase book. I remember a few years ago, waiting around for jury duty and reading that entire Showcase (and it was probably good I didn't end up on a jury, as I think all of those stories would have put me in the wrong frame of mind).

RIP
  • Options
    SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445
    I knew his work mostly as an inker in the late 70's when he was paired with John Buscema and Walt Simonson on Thor. As I discovered his work on the black and white magazines, I developed a new appreciation for him that really culminated with that Jonah Hex Showcase.

We had him at the Minneapolis convention a couple of years ago, and he was a very kind, humble man who was grateful that people loved his work.

• Options
    tazmaniaktazmaniak Posts: 733
    Damn, I was just reading an article about him needing help with medical bills only 2 weeks ago.

Blastr
  • Options
    Amalgam_ManAmalgam_Man Posts: 53
    Always sad when these classic creators go. My thoughts go out to the family.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    We're loosing too many of these guys lately. Please, if you see them at a con go up to then and tell them what their work means to you. If they aren't going to cons then drop them a line somehow. I missed Gene Colan and I'll miss Tony Dezuniga and all the others who we have lost.

Tony, you'll be missed.
  • Options
    MiraclemetMiraclemet Posts: 258
    edited May 2012
    Tony had a great design eye. Sinister house of Secret Love #4; One of my favorite books... Tony did some great art, an amazing cover and got to work with his wife who co-wrote the story...

• Options
    demonbeardemonbear Posts: 159
    I met him in a mini-convention of sorts late last year here in the Philippines. He was pushing 80 then but he still kept doing what he loved best, and still was doing it very, very well. he could draw circles around most of the guys currently working in the biz!

I agree with giving the more senior creators their due respect... Go up to them, dig up what you can of their work, and study the history of this industry that we hold dear.

RIP Mang Tony...
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    I have some the Thor issues Tony worked on but other than that, I can't say I'm very familiar with his work. Rest in peace Mr. DeZuniga.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    I LOVED his Jonah Hex work. Sad to see he is gone.
  • Options
    poisonelf1poisonelf1 Posts: 40
    Grew up on Jonah hex comics!
    Always remembered his name.
    Sad to see another childhood hero gone!:(
    I wish you guys would talk more about these older creators and get the younger and the not so news savy people info about their situations.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586