Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Digital extras in Marvel HC's, $3.99 price point and other nonsense

Feel free to click the "dislike" button after reading this link because I know if there was one under it, I would.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/05/11/augmented-reality-content-for-marvels-avx-hardcover-future-of/

1. I don't like the way they're trying to get people to double dip by putting extras in the HC.
2. "Looking at the sales for Marvel and its competitors, it certainly doesn’t seem like the $3.99 price point is a huge barrier for fans or retailers. We believe the price of our comics is justified by the content and that we deliver an exceptional value for the price."

That quote is really further cementing my decision to stop buying new issues and just buy back issues.

Comments

• Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    I've always been a Marvel kid, but my Marvel reading has been reduced to Spider-Man, Daredevil, and the Oz books. I'll pick up a trade every so often (S.H.I.E.L.D.), but the price has really gotten to me. Not to mention company wide crossovers that have promised great things, and yet never delivered. I didn't drink the AVX Kool-Aid and despite the "glowing" reviews from the Geeks and other people, I still won't. This has freed up money that now goes to Vertigo, Image, Dark Horse, and other indie books. Fool me once Marvel, shame on you. Fool me 616 times...
  • Options
    BadDeaconBadDeacon Posts: 120
    2. "Looking at the sales for Marvel and its competitors, it certainly doesn’t seem like the $3.99 price point is a huge barrier for fans or retailers. We believe the price of our comics is justified by the content and that we deliver an exceptional value for the price."
    I say "good for them" if their customer base feels this way, but I certainly do not. The only Marvel book that I have felt like I got good value from in recent years is Daredevil.

• Options
    Who wants to bet that the prices of the digital stuff will go up because they have to program all the AR crap? And of course all they will say is that "well the price is warranted due to the content." I'm getting to the point where I wish Marvel would just stick to making movies and working improving there video games.