Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Justice League International cancelled

I didn't read past issue 1 but I'm sure some of you have. Any thought?

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    mguy1977mguy1977 Posts: 801
    Forget they killed Kahn, DC killed JLI.

DIDIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I read & enjoyed every issue of the new series. You bastards!!!

Matthew

• Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    I was reading, and mostly enjoying this one. Unfortunately, I'm not sure that they really knew what to do with it. I'm not sure that I'm terribly surprised given the recent Batman comments in one of the other books (JL maybe?). Really had a lot of potential, though I think that they lost something coming off of Generations Lost.

• Options
    QuinQuestionQuinQuestion Posts: 130
    Im disappointed because I'm a huge Booster Gold fan and I like most of Dan Jurgens stuff. This series was not that bad and there were many other series that should have been dropped before this one. I just hope to see booster somewhere else in the new 52 then.
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    ...aaaaaaannnnnd that will leave me with only one "new 52" title left on my pull list, the main Justice League title (which I am dangerously close to axing anyway). Most of the things I found interesting about the New52 have been cancelled. My DC list is below old52 levels (and I didn't get much then). Maybe now is a good time to go back and pick up those Demon Knight issues I missed.
  • Options
    KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    What I read of it was pretty bland. Not bad, but not great enough to make me want to spend $3 on it. Lighting simply doesn't always strike twice and that series had its day back in the 80s.
    That's pretty much exactly the way I thought of the book. There was nothing really wrong wit it per se, but there wasn't anything really right with it either. It's the type of book I could buy if I was a big fan of the JLI or one of the characters in the book (well, except for Batman since that itch can be scratched almost anywhere) and not feel like I wasted the money, but also a book I can skip and not feel like I'm missing out on anything. It's just there.
  • Options
    GadaboutGadabout Posts: 16
    I felt like this was crushed by the reboot. This was confusing due to trying to figure out what was what with the new past and incredibly dry after the excellent JLI story in Generations Lost. I'm not sad to see it go.
  • Options
    I only kept with the series for the first arc so I could read some DC, Batman and Guy Gardner. Batman jumped ship after first arc was never a good idea. The story just didn't seem up to scratch for me.
  • Options
    oh well, I wanted a way to justify getting Dial H and now I have it.
  • Options
    NickNick Posts: 284
    Like many others I like the characters, and it was a decent book, it never was a WOW book, but I will miss these characters...until the inevitable new #1 ;)
  • Options
    tommysheroestommysheroes Posts: 174
    Bummer! I really liked this book.
  • Options
    TaCkTaCk Posts: 4
    This be a surprise cancel ... tho... when you think about the history of the title .. perhaps not all that unexpected! :(
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    This be a surprise cancel ... tho... when you think about the history of the title .. perhaps not all that unexpected! :(
    What do you mean?
  • Options
    I guess that means that Booster Gold won't be appearing any where else in the DCU then? Is Guy Gardner in any of the Green Lantern books?
  • Options
    QuinQuestionQuinQuestion Posts: 130
    I hope they give Booster Gold his own title like before the new 52. His whole gig being the greatest hero you never heard of was awesome. I don't know if this is possible since I don't know what time travel is like in the new 52 yet.
  • Options
    NickNick Posts: 284
    I guess that means that Booster Gold won't be appearing any where else in the DCU then? Is Guy Gardner in any of the Green Lantern books?
    Yep, he is one of the main characters of Green Lantern Corps.