Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

DC, Marvel, Dark Horse & Image Comics Solcliations August 2012

Comments

• Options
    mguy1977mguy1977 Posts: 801
    On the positive side of things, GREEN ARROW: THE LONGBOW HUNTERS TP NEW EDITION & LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT: ALAN DAVIS HC.

I just wished they had a similar collection for Superman stuff LEGENDS OF THE MAN OF STEEL HCs of great writing & art in the 1970s & 80s of Superman. If you produce it, I will buy it.

Superman Earth 2 Vol. 2 HC Who cares? Hint not me.

Yes I am still pissed about loosing JLI.

Matthew
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Really? Calling Looker a "classic" DC character?

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
  • Options
    ZhurrieZhurrie Posts: 617
    Not a whole lot, my DC has all but ended, here is what I am looking forward to though:

DIABLO #5
    BATMAN: KNIGHTFALL VOL. 3 – KNIGHTSEND TP NEW EDITION
    G.I. COMBAT #4 - sadly probably my most anticipated DC monthly.

These may be on the chopping block on or after August:

DEMON KNIGHTS #12 - Has been losing steam for me
    BATMAN #12 - This may be the last Batman unless #13 wows me. I actually removed it from my pull list this month but I'll probably still pick them up each month.
    DIAL H #4 - No idea if I will still be on by August.
  • Options
    QuinQuestionQuinQuestion Posts: 130
    JLI news has me a little ticked off but I will probably buy the Sandman slipcase collection as I only have the first volume.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Not a whole lot, my DC has all but ended, here is what I am looking forward to though:

BATMAN: KNIGHTFALL VOL. 3 – KNIGHTSEND TP NEW EDITION

Me too.

Matthew
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    edited May 2012

This might me the greatest cover ever!
    THE ANNOTATED SANDMAN VOL. 2 HC
  • Options

Is that a Sandman cover?

I am totally guessing here.

Matthew
  • Options
    luckymustardluckymustard Posts: 927
    reminds me for some reason of doom patrol.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Really? Calling Looker a "classic" DC character?

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
    Is she supposed to be the same Looker from Batman & the Outsiders? This one's a vampire...I thought Looker was just a fashion model with a weird power and half her costume missing. :)

Also, thanks DC, for finally soliciting the Showcase: Amethyst! Been wanting to bind my run but I think I'll just drop the $$ on this instead. Wife's been curious about reading it so this might be a good book to share with her.

Now don't solicit it then drop it like you did the Captain Carrot one! :(

• Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    It's another of those National Comics one-shots, so it's the basic concept (or at least name) but it has been aggressively reimagined.

I'm hoping that Amethyst actually makes it to print, too. It's a great book - and potentially a great gateway book - that has been needing a reprinting for far too long.
  • Options
    ChrisBeckettChrisBeckett Posts: 535

Is that a Sandman cover?

I am totally guessing here.

Matthew
    Yeah. It's actually an image McKean did that ran inside one of the original hardcovers - the final one, the Wake, I believe. It's definitely a signature style from McKean that really helped those books stand out on the shelves back in the day.

chris

• Options
    KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    Peter Parker, Spider-Man #156.1
    ROGER STERN (W)
    ROB DE LATORRE (A)
    Cover by JOHN ROMITA, JR

Sensational Spider-Man #33.1& 33.2
    TOM DEFALCO (W)
    CARLO Barberi (A)
    Covers by SIMONE BIANCHI

Web of Spider-Man #129.1 & 129.2
    STUART MOORE (W)
    DAMION SCOTT (A)
    Cover by MIKE MCKONE

OK, so where to start......

First off, it looks like Web of Spider-Man ended at 129 and one of the volumes of Sensational Spider-Man ended at 33... so why not just make these issues 130, 131, 34 and 35? Why the stupid point one numbering?

Secondly.... according to comicbookdb, neither of the Peter Parker: Spider-Man series went to 156. And if you're going to add them together (which they didn't do with Sensational of course), then you have 155, not 156.

I hate Marvel Math. What's the most amusing is I'm not a huge Spider-Man guy so I wasn't planning on buying these anyway, but they still piss me off.

• Options
    KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    Because what if I do get them one day? What if I see them in a 50 cent bin at a Wild Pig show or the DCBS clearance specials? Where do I file them? Because I have at least a few issues of each of those series.
  • Options
    MiraclemetMiraclemet Posts: 258
    edited May 2012
    HAWKEYE #1 > MATT FRACTION (w) • DAVID AJA (a&C)
    The return of the Imortal Iron Fist team! Crossing my fingers. Hawkeye was my favorite avengers in the 80s (yes I read WCA and not A). So I'd love to see a good series about him, and I like Fraction/Aja!

DEADPOOL KILLS THE MARVEL UNIVERSE #1-4 (of 4) Colin Bunn (w)
    I love Deadpool, I like Colin Bunn, so I'll do this. I know its an old concept now with everyone killing the marvel universe, but I'd be interested to see the different approach Bunn might take.

thats it besides Avengers vs X-Men
  • Options
    SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445
    Essential Warlock! ::swoons::
  • Options
    Essential Warlock! ::swoons::
    Yeah, between that and the Showcase Amethyst, we're looking at a very black and white and newsprinty order this month!

Although I gotta get that Celestial War trade from Marvel as well. Anything with Mantis AND Thanos gets my $$.

• Options
    Sadly not much, especially since these two publishers make up a lot of what I usually read. Looks to be a slow month for me.

DANCER #4 - Really interested to see how this continues along
    DEBRIS #2 (of 4)
    MIND THE GAP #4
    PLANETOID #3 - Excited for this hoping it doesn't let me down
    SAGA #6 - I'd drop every other book I pull to just get this, and keep getting this!

Dark Horse
    BEASTS OF BURDEN: NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH - Mildly interested
    THE CREEP #0 - Intrigued, like the cover.
    DEVA ZAN HC - Tied with The Massive for my most interest for DH in August.
    THE MASSIVE #3
    MIND MGMT #4
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Because what if I do get them one day? What if I see them in a 50 cent bin at a Wild Pig show or the DCBS clearance specials? Where do I file them? Because I have at least a few issues of each of those series.
    #FirstWorldProblems

;)
  • Options
    MikeGallagherMikeGallagher Posts: 547
    I have to sayim pretty excited about the Superman Earth One vol 2!
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    The Rocketeer: Cargo of Doom #1 of 4, Mark Waid and Chris Samnee, 'nuff said.

Lock & Key: Grindhouse One Shot

Pathfinder #1, Jim Zub is writing a Pathfinder comic...if you're a Skullkickers fan checking this out has to be a no brainer. If you're a fan of D & D, the Pathfinder rpg or fantasy settings in general, give the first issue a try at least. I trust Jim Zub to deliver a good story and Andrew Huerta on art will do just fine for this paticular world.
  • Options
    Outside of the usual suspects, I ordered a few fun gems:

Amethyst Showcase - get it? "Gems"? "Amethyst"? It's funny because...okay, it's not funny...but still...Amethyst showcase edition! Woot! Now DON'T GO CANCELLING IT, DC! :(

Princeless TPB - Some hacks I know put this rag out. It's up for an award or some shit...the Asner or something. Why they name a comic award after Lou Grant is beyond me.

Amazing Agent Jennifer Omnibus - Guilty pleasure #1. I loved the Amazing Agent Luna series, and this one talks about her boss, the entity known only as Control.

Pantha #3 - Guilty pleasure #2.

Soulfire Vol. 4 #1 - Mike Debalfo is a local boy who made good by getting a gig with Aspen doing this book. I'm not a regular reader of it, but I'll do what I can to support any Arizona creator who lands a sweet gig.

Steed and Mrs. Peel #0 - I also like to make sure Steve Bryant stays employed. At least long enough to finish that commission I ordered from him. Wait...if he's working on a paying gig he's never going to get to work on my commission...I better go cancel this book (Just kidding, Steve!)

DC Trades - ordered Birds of Prey and Teen Titans. May cancel BoP if I see something better down the line. Teen Titans I know I'll like as I've read a few single issues beforehand.

• Options
    QuinQuestionQuinQuestion Posts: 130
    The Rocketeer: Cargo of Doom #1 of 4, Mark Waid and Chris Samnee, 'nuff said.

Lock & Key: Grindhouse One Shot
    I will be getting these two as well. I'm also giving Think Tank a chance.
  • Options
    Pathfinder #1, Jim Zub is writing a Pathfinder comic...if you're a Skullkickers fan checking this out has to be a no brainer. If you're a fan of D & D, the Pathfinder rpg or fantasy settings in general, give the first issue a try at least. I trust Jim Zub to deliver a good story and Andrew Huerta on art will do just fine for this paticular world.
    Pathfinder has been an amazing entry into RPGs and everything they have put out so far has been exceptional, I am hoping beyond hope that it holds up here and I don't see any reason to doubt it will. This is tops of my list for sure!
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Pathfinder may end up being the first comic that I get two of each month as issues will also include gaming material.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    DC

SHOWCASE PRESENTS: AMETHYST, PRINCESS OF GEMWORLD VOL. 1 TP

Marvel

ESSENTIAL WARLOCK VOL. 1 TPB

DR. STRANGE: SEASON ONE PREMIERE HC

MARVEL MASTERWORKS: GOLDEN AGE CAPTAIN AMERICA VOL. 1 TPB

BLACK KISS II #1-Loved the Chaykin original

‘BREED, VOL. 3 TP

THE MILKMAN MURDERS HC

SUPREME #67-Been on a quest to collect every issue of Supreme.

Dark Horse

CREEPY ARCHIVES VOLUME 14 HC

Pretty big month for me. I am betting some of these will have to wait till later.