Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1230 Talkback: Off the Racks

2»

Comments

• Options
    Amalgam_ManAmalgam_Man Posts: 53
    My brother has been looking for "Rock and Rule" on dvd for what seems like forever. Hoping to find it so I can see it.
  • Options
    FlintlockjawFlintlockjaw Posts: 247
    I get about one issue a year to see what is going on in heavy metal. I agree with dubbat that it's mostly miss. I have only spoken of one issue on the show, the all war of the worlds issue which was quite good. But the mag in general is far from where it was in the 80s.
    The reprints of Pat Mills 'Requiem' are well worth reading. That story is batshit crazy!

Was that reprinted in last years issues?
    I think it was. It has everything. Historical figures, nazis, vampires, golems, werewolves. Really crazy stuff.
  • Options
    MikeGallagherMikeGallagher Posts: 547
    My brother has been looking for "Rock and Rule" on dvd for what seems like forever. Hoping to find it so I can see it.
    Should be quite easy. There is a 2-disc set remastered out there.
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    edited May 2012
    American pop is rough but worth watching at least once.. So is wizards.
    I love rock and rule! One of my all time favorite films!
    American Pop is worth watching just for the awesome piano version of Bob Seger's Night Moves. Why, why WHY wasn't there an OST?
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    I agree. Some parts are better than others but it is an american animation landmark.
    Yup. Definitely a watershed moment. Lots of interesting, outside-the-then-norm North American animation at that point in the 80s, actually. Most of the American public was all "um, we'd like more singing mice now, please," but still, it was cool to see stuff like Heavy Metal or Rock & Rule or American Pop actually get made. Nowadays I don't think most studios would take the risk.
    Can't forget "Heavy Traffic","Coonskin" and "Fire and Ice".