Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Movie News: Sin City: A Dame to Kill For

Frank Miller's Sin City Sequel Gets 2013 Release Date

(Dimension Films) The sequel Frank Miller's Sin City: A Dame to Kill For will open nationwide on October 4, 2013. Casting is underway, with original cast members returning to work with directors Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller, from their script co-written by Academy Award winner William Monahan . Academy Award nominee Mickey Rourke and Jessica Alba are already confirmed to return.

The script and details of the film's story are being kept tightly under wraps. The studio says the remaining cast will be announced shortly with some big names expected to fill the roles of Sin City's newest characters yet to be seen in theaters.

Comments

• Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    The original sort of left me cold. I feel like it all worked better on paper than on screen. But I would be game to give it another try. Especially so long as Rodriguez is still involved.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    I still have never read anything Sin City so should be interesting.
  • Options
    KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    The original sort of left me cold. I feel like it all worked better on paper than on screen. But I would be game to give it another try. Especially so long as Rodriguez is still involved.
    Thank you. I sometimes felt like I was the only person who wasn't completely wowed by it. I don't know if I'd go quite as far as to say it left me cold, but I basically thought of it as an interesting experiment that I'm glad they did, but I could live without more.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    edited May 2012
    Thank you. I sometimes felt like I was the only person who wasn't completely wowed by it. I don't know if I'd go quite as far as to say it left me cold, but I basically thought of it as an interesting experiment that I'm glad they did, but I could live without more.
    I know. I only saw it the once, and it feels a long time ago now, so take my memory of it with that caveat.

I enjoyed the style, but I felt like it was all style. The characters just felt empty. Now, I know that Rodriguez is famous for being able to run an incredibly fast and efficient shooting schedule. That is part of why he got so many big names in the the movie-- he could work around their schedules and shoot them out fast. But maybe it was all a little TOO fast. Between the (apparent) rush, and as so much of it was done on green screen, I just remember feeling like a lot of the actors didn't really know what world they were in. And weren't inhabiting the characters. It was style without stakes. Oh well.

The comics are great, though. I'm all for another one being made if only to get people to revisit the comics.