Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Moriarty - any good?

Hey

Just wanted to know if anyone has read the series Moriarty from image? Is it any good? I see comixology is having a half-off sale and I was interested :)

Best Answers

• Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Answer ✓
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Answer ✓
    I think it's great-- the first story (I think it was called The Dark Chamber) is stronger than the second, but all in all it was my favorite new series of last year. I love the look and style of it, the tone and time period. Despite being a borrow from the classics (and, nothing wrong with that) it feels fresh and original. I say give it a try.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    Answer ✓
    Very good series. Sometimes the art feels a bit rushed (some panels look like they were drawn in the Sketch app with his finger), but there's a nice energy to it. I agree that the first story was the stronger of the two. It was tighter and had more of a Holmsian feel to it, while the second story got a little... out there. But it's certainly an interesting idea, and I like where the storyline is heading. Definitely worth checking out.
  • Options
    GargoyleGargoyle Posts: 199
    Answer ✓
    I bought both volumes based on positive things I've heard in the past.
  • Options
    ZhurrieZhurrie Posts: 617
    Answer ✓
    I only pick them up in trade but I enjoy them a lot. I think it reads better as a trade than issues, and it's already been mentioned but the first volume is stronger. I actually love the artwork entirely though.

Answers