Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Cammy's Comic Corner

2»

Comments

• Options
    CammyCammy Posts: 40
    Photobucket
    The indie comic selection for June 2012 is The City Troll by Aaron Whitaker! Do you see yourself more as a Troll, or the Perfect Man?

Read the written review here!
  • Options
    Photobucket
    Comic-Con is coming. DID YOU BRING YOUR SANITY?! Pick Of The Week goes to Jason Aaron & R.M. Guera for Scalped #59 (Vertigo)! Fast Five picks include Justice League: Dark #10 (DC), B.P.R.D. Hell On Earth: Exorcism #1 (Dark Horse), Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who: Assimilation Squared (IDW), American Vampire #28 (Vertigo), and Atomic Robo: The Flying She-Devils of the Pacific #1 (Red 5). Spoilers!

Click here to listen!
  • Options
    Photobucket
    In this special episode I’m joined by Nic Fury to talk about Comic-Con. We discuss the documentary Comic-Con Episode IV: A Fan’s Hope, and recall some of our own past Comic-Con experiences. WARNING: EXPLICIT CONTENT!

Click here to listen!
  • Options
    Photobucket
    In this special Comic-Con 2012 episode, I’m joined by Matt (Duke of Douche), Darcy (The Destroyer), and Nic Fury to recap Preview Night and Thursday night of the convention. So far we’ve been enjoying the parties, the beers, and the friendly atmosphere. WARNING: EXPLICIT CONTENT!

Click here to listen!
  • Options
    Photobucket
    In this special Comic-Con 2012 episode, I’m joined again by Matt (Duke of Douche) and Darcy (The Destroyer) to recap Friday and Saturday of the convention. We talk about the Nerdist Live show, TR!CK2TER, and My Little Pony. WARNING: EXPLICIT CONTENT!

Click here to listen!
  • Options
    Photobucket
    In this special Comic-Con 2012 episode, I’m joined again by Matt (Duke of Douche) and Darcy (The Destroyer) to recap Sunday of the convention. We talk about asparagus, Doctor Who, and overall likes and dislikes with the Con this year. WARNING: EXPLICIT CONTENT!

Click here to listen!
  • Options
    Photobucket
    In this special Comic-Con episode I interview Dave Dwonch, Eliza Frye, Andy Belanger, Buzz, and Murilo Martins. Also included is the press junket I was apart of that featured Doc Hammer and Jackson Publick.

Click here to listen!
  • Options
    Photobucket
    Back from Comic-Con, and boy am I ready to talk about comics some more! Pick Of The Week goes to Mike Mignola, Christopher Golden, and Ben Stenbeck for Baltimore: Dr. Leskovar’s Remedy #2 (Dark Horse). Fast Five picks include Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who: Assimilation Squared #3 (IDW), Wonder Woman #11 (DC), Saga #5 (Image), Daredevil #15 (Marvel), and Glory #28 (Image). Special announcements at the end, and Spoilers!

Click here to listen!
  • Options
    Photobucket
    A public service announcement that will rock the very foundations of Cammy’s Comic Corner listeners everywhere. Viewer discretion advised.

Click here to listen!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Photobucket
    The first monthly episode of Cammy’s Comic Corner for August 2012!

[1:34] LEGO talk with John Layman!

[21:52] Keyleaf ComicsDUST and MonkeyBrain ComicsOctober Girl & Edison Rex!

[27:43] American Vampire & Richard Stark’s Parker discussion with Matt (Duke of Douche)!

[55:06] Jeff Lemire’s Lost Dogs & The Underwater Welder!

[1:04:12] Misogyny in video games with Jeremy Awesome!

[1:30:22] The Rundown!

[2:00:01] King Kong vs Godzilla discussion!

Send questions, comments, suggestions, and concerns to CammysComicCorner@gmail.com!

Click here to listen!
  • Options
    Photobucket
    Another month already? That means it’s time for Cammy’s Comic Corner for September 2012!

[1:19] Dragon*Con discussion with Chandra Free!

[26:00] Listener Questions!

[37:32] DC’s New52: One Year Later with Chris Thompson!

[1:06:16] Judge Dredd and DREDD 3D movie review!

[1:15:36] Molly Danger victory lap with Jamal Igle!

[1:41:15] The Rundown!

Send questions, comments, suggestions, and concerns to CammysComicCorner@gmail.com!

Click here to listen!
  • Options
    Goodbye (For Now)

In these past 12 hours of my life, I’ve gone through some seriously deep, life-changing shit. So unfortunately, I’m halting my podcast effective immediately. I thought about this long and hard, for I’ve been producing Cammy’s Comic Corner in one form or another on a consistent basis since October 2007 (Happy Anniversary, me). Originally as many of you know, I switched over to the monthly format to help me balance both school and this hobby I’m so passionate about, and that was going swimmingly, but then I had an epiphany that I required some serious help. Now I don’t want anyone to worry, for I’m planning on working through this. I’ve repressed some seriously deep shit over the years, and just coming to terms with the fact that I have a problem and I’m not okay is rather unsettling to me. I need to get my life in order, and be completely honest with not only myself, but everyone around me.

So for the time being I figure it would be best just to stick to writing reviews and articles for now, since I find writing to be very therapeutic. Maybe when I get things sorted, I’ll start podcasting again but with a different show (for new beginnings). I want to thank all of you for the tremendous support you’ve shown me over the years, and I’m glad if I helped expand your tastes or knowledge about comics in some way. I love comic books, and plan on reading them until I’m old and grey, and feel strongly about introducing the medium to the uninformed masses.

Thanks again for understanding this difficult chapter I’m going through, and how hard it’s been for me to type these words. If you need recommendations of what podcasts to listen to, comic books to read, movies to watch, or any other questions, feel free to email me at CammysComicCorner@gmail.com and I’ll definitely get back to you.

See you around the internets,

-Cameron “Cammy” Hatheway