Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Walking Dead TV Show News **SPOLIERS** Season 3 SDCC Trailer added!

I did a quick search for Walking Dead news, didn't see a thread dedicated to the TV show, and so I thought one should be started. Please know that spoilers are on in full effect. And with that said, here's a quick sneak peek into season 3:

http://bcove.me/lml9mt6z

Anything new? Anything unexpected? Discuss. 8-X

**UPDATE** Season 3 Trailer

"Welcome to Woodbury"
http://youtu.be/V9_lkap-uFA

Comments

• Options
    QuinQuestionQuinQuestion Posts: 130
    Yeah I cant wait for season 3. The pacing was slow at times during season 2 so I'm happy to see that this season is going to be pedal to the metal.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    edited May 2012
    So looking forward to the next season.
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    Cant wait. These huge breaks breaks between seasons are tough. Its gonna be neat seeing how they bring the next few major story points to TV. Theyre really going to have to condense or stray quite a bit from the book at this point I think. That or the Prison storyline will have to be a couple of seasons itself. Im going to assume the S3 finale will be Ricks return to the prison after his visit W/ the Gov.
  • Options
    I think with Darabont gone, things won't be dragged out as much.
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    I'm curious to see if anyone here has watched the series as a whole--i.e. watch episode after episode in a marathon/daily viewing schedule and not weekly as it aired? If so, how do/did you feel about the pacing? I watched as the episodes came out and didn't really feel a pacing problem.

I also read the comic in trades from my library. I don't think I could read it in monthly installments because of the pacing issue. Not so much that it would be slow, but that there would be so much anticipation for the next issue. The trades seem much more satisfying (especially now that there's fifteen out there and a sixteenth on the way) because you get more story at one time.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    I'm curious to see if anyone here has watched the series as a whole--i.e. watch episode after episode in a marathon/daily viewing schedule and not weekly as it aired? If so, how do/did you feel about the pacing? I watched as the episodes came out and didn't really feel a pacing problem.

I also read the comic in trades from my library. I don't think I could read it in monthly installments because of the pacing issue. Not so much that it would be slow, but that there would be so much anticipation for the next issue. The trades seem much more satisfying (especially now that there's fifteen out there and a sixteenth on the way) because you get more story at one time.

I read WD in trades cause I couldn't handle the pacing in monthly issues. Now the first season I went back and watched it all. Watching 2 episodes a night for a few nights and it worked better.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    I read it in HC and watched the series the marathon way too. Yes - I'm a patient guy.
  • Options
    Watched the first season marathon style but I didn't for the second.
  • Options
    Here's a first look for Michonne. I'm getting more and more excited about this.

• Options
  • Options
    Zombies + bad ass with a katana = WHAT THE HELL MORE DO YOU WANT!
  • Options
    edited July 2012