Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Nexus is back! Again! Again. Again?

Read all about it!

Then post your enthusiastic and/or skeptical comments below.

Comments

• Options
    ZhurrieZhurrie Posts: 617
    edited May 2012
    Well, there goes an additional $7.99 today! I have stopped buying the DHPs even though they have had the occasional gem in them. Resident Alien was my last standout from a DHP. I just hate paying $8 for one 3-4 page standout story... but I will again :)
  • Options
    kfreemankfreeman Posts: 314
    I'll believe it when I see it. I love his work, but I'm not counting on anything regular from him ever again.
  • Options
    EarthGBillyEarthGBilly Posts: 362
    I'll believe it when I see it. I love his work, but I'm not counting on anything regular from him ever again.
    Yeah, I gotta go with this. I've waited eagerly for several announced things from him, and they just never happened.

Attaching to a publisher does seem like a move toward more productivity, and I hope it works out... but I'm not holding my breath.
  • Options
    DarthKramerDarthKramer Posts: 60
    I've been so burned on Nexus in the past few years that I just don't care. I do think that getting 4-5 page installments in DHP will increase the chances that it comes out regularly, but I'll believe it when I see it.
  • Options
    RobAndersonRobAnderson Posts: 553
    Loved Nexus since "back in the day." Really love that DHP has been publishing new Concrete, too. Some great stuff in DHP.
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    I just wish Dark Horse would start pumping out Essential/Showcase-type collections of the original series. To hell with $50 archives, give me nice big chunks of Nexus in black & white and I'll be happy.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    I just wish Dark Horse would start pumping out Essential/Showcase-type collections of the original series. To hell with $50 archives, give me nice big chunks of Nexus in black & white and I'll be happy.
    Yep. Make it affordable for new readers to discover the richness of the setting, and they won't have to depend on the dwindling supply of... us.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    I would be happy with color trades of Nexus. Like what IDW was doing with Badger. 5 issues in each for 20 bucks.
  • Options
    You don't have to look too hard to find most of the Nexus run for under $20 these days!
  • Options
    DarthKramerDarthKramer Posts: 60
    They tried putting out the "Nexus: As it Happened", but nobody bought it... :(
  • Options
    You don't have to look too hard to find most of the Nexus run for under $20 these days!
    I know but it would be nice to have some affordable trades to put up on my shelves.
  • Options
    SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445
    I know it's wrong to think it, but there are some creators who need to hang it up and Mike Baron is one of them. Nexus used to be amazing, with interesting characters and complex moral situations, but the stories of the last 10 years or so just feel like rehashes of better arcs. Do we NEED Ross Perot jokes now? Will anyone get them?

I won't even get into how Badger's IDW mini-series were just a hard, hard slog.

• Options
    I know it's wrong to think it, but there are some creators who need to hang it up and Mike Baron is one of them. Nexus used to be amazing, with interesting characters and complex moral situations, but the stories of the last 10 years or so just feel like rehashes of better arcs. Do we NEED Ross Perot jokes now? Will anyone get them?

I won't even get into how Badger's IDW mini-series were just a hard, hard slog.

I haven't read that Badger mini. But the one Dark Horse did was decent.

• Options

They tried putting out the "Nexus: As it Happened", but nobody bought it... :(
    But wasn't that a tiny digest with terrible print quality?

• Options
    peedmyselfpeedmyself Posts: 105
    I was never into Nexus (I just never tried it), but the return of Mister X and Dork's Eltingville make this a pretty rich issue that may warrant a special trip to pick up.
  • Options
    ctowner1ctowner1 Posts: 481
    I love Baron/Rude's Nexus - but not going to buy it in DHP Presents just to get it - I'm sure it will be colelcted in a single edition when if??) it's done.

e
    L nny
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    I love Baron/Rude's Nexus - but not going to buy it in DHP Presents just to get it - I'm sure it will be colelcted in a single edition when if??) it's done.

e
    L nny
    Ah, the classic comics conundrum: IF enough people buy DHP for the series to go on long enough to get traded.

• Options
    peedmyselfpeedmyself Posts: 105
    Evan Dorkin has said that the plan is for his DHP stuff to get put into one book when it's done, so it possible that the same plan will be there for Nexus.