Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Action Lab Names Kevin Freeman as Managing Editor.

PRESS RELEASE: 1 June 2012

Action Lab Entertainment is pleased to announce the addition of Kevin Freeman to the editorial team, effective immediately. He will serve as the publisher’s Managing Editor, and will be responsible for a number of duties, including reviewing and editing manuscripts, writing solicitations, serving as a direct liaison to Diamond Comic Distributors, and coordinating creative teams for ALE’s diverse variety of projects.

Freeman arrives from small-press publisher Ape Entertainment, where he had served as Managing Editor since 2005. He brings with him over 15 years of experience in the comic book industry as an editor, writer, and retailer.

“We’re ecstatic to have Kevin Freeman join Action Lab Entertainment,” says Action Lab President Shawn Pryor. ”His experience, hard work and comic industry insight will be valuable assets to Action Lab, and his role as Managing Editor will enable us to increase our productivity as we continue to produce original, creator-owned comics for our diverse readership.”

Freeman has a number of writing credits to his name, including short stints on Richie Rich and Shrek, as well as penning two issues of Action Lab’s GlobWorld series. He also is the creator and writer of the critically-acclaimed webcomic SubCulture, which has been running since 2007.

“I’m really excited to be joining the Action Lab team,” says Freeman. ”I’ve known Shawn [Pryor], Dave [Dwonch] and the rest of the creative staff for years, and it will be a lot of fun to work with them. Action Lab is one of THE up-and-coming publishers in the industry, and I’m thrilled to lend my skills to make it even better.”

ABOUT ACTION LAB ENTERTAINMENT

Action Lab Entertainment was founded in 2010 by a group of indie comic creators with the sole intent of publishing the most diverse, thought provoking, entertaining comics on the market.

Their first major release, FRACTURE, was released in July 2011 followed by the three-time 2012 Glyph Comics Award winning and two-time 2012 Eisner Award nominated PRINCELESS. Action Lab continues to publish genre spanning comics from the all-ages MONSTERS ARE JUST LIKE US, and mature reader books like SNOWED IN and DOUBLE JUMPERS.

Welcome to the team, Kevin! We're glad to have you here. :)

Comments