Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

New comics smudging easily

I'm a bit OCD with my comics and even my read comics would easily pass as entirely unread by even the best grader. I never open them even near flat and I always wash and dry my hands fully before touching them. I've noticed a trend I'm not so keen on the past few weeks, smudging. Covers mainly and it has been Image, Dark Horse, and even Marvel books so not one publisher. I barely touch them and my copy of Ragemoor #1 (which was terrible) had the blue/green color on the front center of the cover actually wear away to a white spot, and another has a full copy of my thumbprint from literally being picked up to bag and board it... not even read. The weather/humidity hasn't been crazy and these have been within 15 minutes of purchasing them from a comic shop. Anyone else notice this? I'm going to have to add Nitrile gloves to my comic reading requirements it seems.

Comments

• Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    I've noticed it on occasion.

Getting an iPad is starting to look better and better...
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Save yourself some stress, go digital.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    I've noticed this too. Even with trades.
  • Options
    ZhurrieZhurrie Posts: 617
    I'll keep my print comics and when they go away so will I. It has happened in the past on rare occasions but it seems like every week I have a book that reacts like this now and it doesn't matter who the publisher is. I tested with that Ragemoor #1 and with fully dry and clean hands in a different spot the color wiped off with just a single touch. I'm pretty well versed in printing and quality printing like giclees and this is definitely a new trend and not a good one. Really frustrating on comics and trades that cost what they do. Archaia is the one company that I never even have a single doubt with, their stuff is done exceedingly well and it really is a shame if this keeps up.