Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

I am in SpaceKnight Heaven!

A friend from another board was downsizing his collection because he's going to be moving, and wanted to unload his stuff just for the cost of shipping.

Most of what he had was stuff I wasn't especially interested in, but what struck me was the fact that he had a fairly sizable portion of the ROM series. 57 issues, to be exact.

So, I told him I was interested in them (having fond memories of ROM from my youth), and I got them all for the cost of shipping them to my house: $11.51

I can't wait to dig into them!

Comments

• Options
    Tom is one of my all time favorite comics!
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    I've been trying to finish my ROM run since I got back into the hobby. There's a local flea market that has just about every issue I need but the guy is asking too much for them. I've aso started hunting down his appearances in other titles. ROM has been one of my favorite characters and I really wish something new would get done with the property.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    edited June 2012
    ROM is one of my top 5 super hero comics. Completed my collection over a decade ago. Now I just need to get a still in teh box version of the action figure. I have a loose one.

I really love the issues that Steve Ditko did the pencils for.
  • Options
    TrevTrev Posts: 310
    Didn't the space knights pop up in something very recently?
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    One appeared in a point one issue of Avengers, the one reprinted for FCBD, there was a Spaceknights mini series in 2000 and there is Annihilators.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Bill Mantlo & Sal Buscema: Two largely-unsung giants doing some of their best work!
  • Options
    It's really amazing that Mantlo took TWO basically empty toy concepts and created Rom and Micronauts, easily two of the greatest comics from the late 70's early 80's. He had a reputation (undeserved, in my opinion ) as something of a hack, but really shone in these two books, if nothing else.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    It's really amazing that Mantlo took TWO basically empty toy concepts and created Rom and Micronauts, easily two of the greatest comics from the late 70's early 80's. He had a reputation (undeserved, in my opinion ) as something of a hack, but really shone in these two books, if nothing else.
    Man, just the thought of someone calling Mantlo a hack makes me furious!
    ~X(
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Enjoy, my friend.
  • Options
    KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    Tom is one of my all time favorite comics!
    I prefer Jerry.
  • Options
    KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    He's fast and could spit out ideas and concepts quickly and easily. If that makes him a hack, I wouldn't mind being one as well.
  • Options