Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Magneto vs. Darth Vader

alright, so I was discussing incredible crossovers with a friend over the weekend and we came up with awesome fights such as James Bond (007) vs. Solid Snake - but what really sparked a debate was (of course) Magneto vs. Darth Vader.
Now bear with me, we all know the basics of each character and definitely alot more than the average person, that being said let us list their prowess/weakness:

Magneto: obviously a dominate force against machine which clearly Vader mostly is - with an advantage to combat mind control with his helmet. Could he keep it on his head when Vader doesn't even need to be close to take it off of him?

Vader: a MASTER of the force, which is much more than mind control, it's pure energy and the focus lingering in each life-force. Would it be enough to sustain Magneto's mastery of metals?

let it rip Geeks, I need to know who would come out on top!!

Best Answers

• Options
    KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    Answer ✓
    I get what every one is saying, but I still say that Darth Vader can use the force to overpower Magneto's magnetism. He just holds his hand up and the magnetism gets deflected back at Magneto.

Or hell, if you want to get super nerdy, he went by the name Darth Vader before he got barbecued. As whiny and annoying as Anakin was, he could kick Magneto's ass thoroughly at that point. That one wouldn't even be a contest.
  • Options
    MikeGallagherMikeGallagher Posts: 547
    Answer ✓
    Vader is a cyborg. More machine than man. He needs the suit to live.
    I could see the force manipulating the magnetism since Jedi can do the leaps and falls and such. They would be manipulating magnetism and gravity there.

Maybe even a force throw of a light saber to hack at magneto.

I still think Vader is extremely susceptible to magneto's power.
    Both are ruthless. Both are experienced.
    Annie-Vader would have a better shot and would probably win if he could stay focused and not pine for padme.

Answers

• Options
    Magneto.

I love Darth Vader but Magneto can reap more wide-scale destruction. Plus, every space ship is made of metal, including any super star destroyers or death stars, so another point to magneto, and magneto can warp the light of any super laser as well. I don't see Darth Vader being able to to any of that.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    What are we considering as Star Wars canon? If we are just talking original trilogy I'd say Magnus hands down. Complete Star Wars all 6 movies (including the apocrypha which i don't think really exist) books, comics and animation? that's Maybe a different story. The ability to use the force seems much more developed in that broader universe. In that context Vader is the master of anything, not just metal, at the speed of thought. I'd go with Vader under those circumstances.
  • Options
    Vader.

Magneto can't do anything if he's too busy choking.
  • Options
    WebheadWebhead Posts: 458
    Magneto

With a wave of his hand he could rip out all the metal wires and circuits that are keeping Vader alive.
  • Options
    Magneto HO HO HO.
    Vader is mostly metal......
  • Options
    EarthGBillyEarthGBilly Posts: 362
    Yeah, I can see this.

Vader starts with throwing some things at Magneto using the Force, then Magneto hurls metal objects at Vader with his magnetic abilities.

Vader decides to go with the Force choke, and while Magneto is lifted into the air, choking, he reaches toward Vader and completely rips apart every piece of metal keeping him alive.

What is left of Vader lays on the ground, gasping. Magneto would then drop a car or spaceship on him, for good measure.

Magneto for the win.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    I never understood the full extent of how much of Vader's suit was actually for life support, because if the broader Star Wars canon is part of this fight he can survive without the full suit. Vader wins. If the broader canon is not included I might have to side with Magneto but still have some doubts.
  • Options
    They could always sit down for some blue milk and talk about how their failures at being the parents of twins.
    Ha! I almost spewed coffee out my nose!
  • Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623
    Maybe (and I say maybe because my google search on ions and magnetism started to give me a headache before I was ever able to get a good answer to support my theory) Vader can use the jet wash of his TIE fighter and the ions are able to repulse Magneto's attack long enough so that he's able to crush that purple helmet.

So maybe Vader wins.
  • Options
    FlintlockjawFlintlockjaw Posts: 247
    Lucas pussified Vader in the Prequels. Magneto for the win.
  • Options
    They could always sit down for some blue milk and talk about how their failures at being the parents of twins.
    Coffee? Not blue milk?
  • Options
    JGalaJGala Posts: 19
    I'd hate to be the guy to claim middle ground, but there's much reason to believe that both would fall during the battle. Being that they're both experienced fighters and have total control of their abilities, it might end with Vader crushing Magneto's helmet into his head, or imploding his throat, while with the last breath Magneto could rip enough off Vader's suit to kill him. Either way, I'd really love to see this fight on paper right? ha
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    My day is complete.
  • Options
    Coffee? Not blue milk?
    Nope, I was at work and it was coffee. Hot snot filtered hazelnut coffee. Delicious.
  • Options
    Coffee? Not blue milk?
    You Nerf Herder
  • Options
    Coffee? Not blue milk?
    You Nerf Herder
    At least you didn't call me scruffy-looking.
  • Options
    Maybe Magneto just pulls the gravity from surrounding planets, encases him self in an old satellite, has the power to rip Darth a new one, but 'feels' a planet die because of a Death Star that's also heading towards the Earth and decides to take this one on the chin because it makes no difference. Win to Darth Vader.
  • Options
    Will Darth Vader have access to the Death Star? I think the Death Star could take out Asteroid M fairly easily.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    edited June 2012
    Will Darth Vader have access to the Death Star? I think the Death Star could take out Asteroid M fairly easily.
    The Death Star could take out the Earth fairly easily.
  • Options
    Magneto would see the Death Star and either use magnetism to bend the beam of light away or he would just rip it apart since it is made of METAL!!!!!!!

• Options
    Magneto would see the Death Star and either use magnetism to bend the beam of light away or he would just rip it apart since it is made of METAL!!!!!!!

1. That's a bit much metal even for Magneto I would think.
    2. It's SPACE METAL!
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    I dig darth but I just see magneto winning. His powers seem more immediate, focussed and destructive.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Vader makes a fist and, with The Force, crushes Magneto's brain.
  • Options
    Vader makes a fist and, with The Force, crushes Magneto's brain.
    Magneto makes a fist and scrables all the metal in Vaders body.

It takes time to choke a person, can rip a person in half nearly instantaneously using metal... especially when you are on a space ship.

1. That's a bit much metal even for Magneto I would think.
    2. It's SPACE METAL!
    By the way... Magneto has ripped the magnetic cores out of planets... I think the Death Star, Super Star Destroyer, Star Destroyers, Tie Fighters and the rest are toast. Plus he can generate his own forcefield.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    But the true question is this: who looks more awesome Magneto or Darth Vader?

I go for Darth Vader :>
  • Options
    FlintlockjawFlintlockjaw Posts: 247
    Visually...Vader is the more menacing...but that's it. He was one of the greatest movie villians of all time.