Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

American Flagg Available Digitally!

OK. Those of you who've never read one of the greatest first dozen-or-so issues* ever have no more excuses.

Comixology has American Flagg!

This article has 14, count 'em 14!, preview pages.

Go!

Read!

Enjoy!

Buy!

*The series goes WAY off the rails after Chaykin loses interest, but the first issues? Amazing!

Comments

• Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    In @WetRats I trust, therefore I will buy that thing ^:)^
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Aw shucks... :\">
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    American Flagg! is one of the best comics of it's era. The Chaykin run is amazing. But like @Wetrats said after Chaykin leaves it gets pretty bad. I want to say Alan Moore even wrote a few issues.

Actually most of the stuff First Comics put out in the 80s is great. Starslayer,Grimjack,The Badger,Nexus and Jon Sable are some of the best indy books from that era.
  • Options
    I've never read these... looking forward to picking up the first few and getting started.
  • Options
    American Flagg! is one of the best comics of it's era. The Chaykin run is amazing. But like @Wetrats said after Chaykin leaves it gets pretty bad. I want to say Alan Moore even wrote a few issues.
    Bob Violence was possibly the worst work of Moore's career. Humor is not his strong suit.
  • Options
    SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445

Actually most of the stuff First Comics put out in the 80s is great. Starslayer,Grimjack,The Badger,Nexus and Jon Sable are some of the best indy books from that era.
    First was one of the few companies where I bought EVERYTHING they put out, and the only series I really didn't care for was Dynamo Joe. So many gems in that company, like Mars, Whisper, Nexus, Badger, E-Man, Peter David's run of Dreadstar...

I recently thought about digging up my complete run of their "Classics Illustrated"...why hasn't someone repackaged those as a series of trades?

• Options
    I recently thought about digging up my complete run of their "Classics Illustrated"...why hasn't someone repackaged those as a series of trades?
    That's gotta be a godawful rights mess, what with all the different creators involved.

What a lot of gems there were though.

My favorite is probably Rick Geary's Wuthering Heights. But then again, I'd buy Rick Geary's Des Moines Phone Book.
  • Options
    Bob Violence was possibly the worst work of Moore's career. Humor is not his strong suit.
    Either that or his Violator mini series are the few things Mr Moore has put out that I didn't like.
  • Options
    That's gotta be a godawful rights mess, what with all the different creators involved.

My favorite is probably Rick Geary's Wuthering Heights. But then again, I'd buy Rick Geary's Des Moines Phone Book.
    Was it First that was working on a Classics Illustrated Moby Dick with Bill Skienveticz artwork?

• Options
    SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445

Was it First that was working on a Classics Illustrated Moby Dick with Bill Skienveticz artwork?

Yessss.......

• Options

Yessss.......

Did it ever come out? If it did I will have to get a copy. While I am not a fan of Moby Dick I love Bill's artwork and will buy any comic he draws.

• Options
    Did it ever come out? If it did I will have to get a copy. While I am not a fan of Moby Dick I love Bill's artwork and will buy any comic he draws.

It exists. And it's awesome. Some pictures...
  • Options

It exists. And it's awesome. Some pictures...

WOW I am gonna have to get a copy.