Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Movie News: Justice League

It seems Warner Bros is planning a Justice League movie since the success of The Avengers.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=61048

Here is some more info where the script is reported to be dark and different from the Avengers.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=61074

Comments

• Options
    tazmaniaktazmaniak Posts: 733
    edited June 2012
    Really? They're taking the 4 writers responsible for the Green Lantern film and diving them between Green Lantern 2, The Flash and Wonder Woman? Is that their plan?

They must really love Greg Berlanti. This guy is producing the Green Lantern sequel, co-writing and directing The Flash, creator and executive producer of Arrow and is developing the Booster Gold series for Syfy, even though he was responsible for Green Lantern.
  • Options
    QuinQuestionQuinQuestion Posts: 130
    Really? They're taking the 4 writers responsible for the Green Lantern film and diving them between Green Lantern 2, The Flash and Wonder Woman? Is that their plan?

They must really love Greg Berlanti. This guy is producing the Green Lantern sequel, co-writing and directing The Flash, creator and executive producer of Arrow and is developing the Booster Gold series for Syfy, even though he was responsible for Green Lantern.
    Its all about who you know I guess. Well with 4 writers doing 1 movie its impossible to say who was the bad apple. Hopefully it was only one bad writer which would mean only one of these movies would be bad lol. But seriously I hope they at least learn from there mistakes in Green Lantern or the Warner Bros higher ups realize their mistakes in giving these guys another chance after their big flop.
  • Options
    Sciencefiction.com said that Warner bros is planning 6 new movies. Wonder Woman, Justice League, The Flash, Lobo, Shazam, and Suicide Squad.
    http://sciencefiction.com/2012/06/08/wb-and-dc-entertainment-developing-six-movies-including-flash-aquaman-and-suicide-squad/

Right now a lot of the news is conflicting so I hope WB makes an announcement soon. I don't particularly like the idea of making a lobo movie so early on when it will have nothing to do with the Justice League movie. I just think there are better characters they could do.
  • Options
    chriswchrisw Posts: 792
    Lobo seems like one of those movies that could easily go the Jonah Hex route - a comic book film that the general public doesn't know is a comic book film, that just seems weird and off-putting and doesn't do so well.
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    we dont need and nobody wants a Lobo movie IMO. Put that money and effort into something worthwhile that has greater payoff potential.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    we dont need and nobody wants a Lobo movie IMO. Put that money and effort into something worthwhile that has greater payoff potential.
    I want a Lobo movie more than say another Superman movie.

• Options
    @dubbat138, do you mean you would rather a Lobo movie over a Superman 3, 4, or returns or you would want a Lobo movie over a Superman movie. I know Lobo is the "main man" and all but there is a big difference there lol.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    @dubbat138, do you mean you would rather a Lobo movie over a Superman 3, 4, or returns or you would want a Lobo movie over a Superman movie. I know Lobo is the "main man" and all but there is a big difference there lol.
    I rather have a Lobo movie over any Superman movie that isn't the first 3. Never been a big fan of Superman. But have always enjoyed Lobo.

• Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    For me, I'd rather have Lobo over any Superman movie. Never cared for any of the movies, though the last one had some parts I liked.

This newest movie could change my mind, though.

• Options
    tazmaniaktazmaniak Posts: 733
    According to this article, because none of WB/DC's upcoming films have producers, directors or casts in place, we won't see a new DC film for another 3 years. After 2013's Man of Steel, the next DC movie will likely be released in 2015.

La Times
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    I want a Lobo movie! Probably turn out better than some slap dash Avengers knock off that the Justice League will inevitably turn out to be.
  • Options
    JimKellyJimKelly Posts: 20
    WB, if you're going to do this please take your time and make it distinct. I don't want to see DC's The Avengers.