Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

TV News: Teen Titans Go! is back for more Go!

The Teen Titans are returning to TV with new full-length episodes. The idea of bringing back the popular Teen Titans animated series was given a test run of sorts when Cartoon Network’s DC Nation programming block debuted New Teen Titans shorts this year, but now a new half hour series is coming, called Teen Titans Go!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/08/teen-titans-returning-with-new-full-length-episodes

Comments

• Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Hey, as long as the kids enjoy it, go for it.
  • Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623
    I just got the first 5 season on itunes and put them on my ipad. I've been watching an episode a day at work during lunch. For some reason I really enjoy that show this is great news
  • Options
    QuinQuestionQuinQuestion Posts: 130
    Its going to be a lot more childish compared to the original show. I might watch it here and there but for now Young Justice will do for me.
  • Options
    the link is blocked at work so i didn't get that it's more childish

nuts
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    the link is blocked at work so i didn't get that it's more childish

nuts
    For you, then:

The Teen Titans are returning to TV with new full-length episodes. The idea of bringing back the popular Teen Titans animated series was given a test run of sorts when Cartoon Network’s DC Nation programming block debuted New Teen Titans shorts this year, but now a new half hour series is coming, called Teen Titans Go!

The press release stresses that this will be a very comedy-heavy series, saying it “shows the humorous side of being a teenage hero,” and that it will feature “the return of Robin, Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy and Cyborg in all-new, comedic adventures”

The full description says, “Character-driven comedy is the order of the day as this new take on the super hero series focuses on the funny business that happens between saving the world and living together as teenagers without adult supervision. They may be super heroes who save the world every day … but somebody still has to do the laundry! With the ability to turn into any animal or detach their robotic limbs, teenage pranks reach a whole new level. And even super heroes have to take Driver’s Ed. to get a license – especially after wrecking the Batmobile on an unauthorized joy ride to impress a girl!”

The principal voice cast from the original series – Greg Cipes as Beast Boy, Scott Menville as Robin, Khary Payton as Cyborg, Tara Strong as Raven and Hynden Walch as Starfire – all return in the series, executive produced by Sam Register (Green Lantern: The Animated Series, The Looney Tunes Show, Teen Titans), with Michael Jelenic (ThunderCats, Batman: The Brave and the Bold) and Aaron Horvath (MAD, El Tigre) as producers.

Teen Titans Go! will premiere in 2013.

• Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Will Starfire still not care about sex, though? :)
  • Options
    Ok i'm going to enjoy my seasons on my ipad and give this a tentative watch when it comes out

thanks for the article paste
  • Options
    Will Starfire still not care about sex, though? :)
    If she remembers you. :p
  • Options
    Michael777Michael777 Posts: 15
    While I'd prefer a new season of the original series I think this looks pretty good actually. At least they done look new 52ed.
  • Options
    tazmaniaktazmaniak Posts: 733
    I didn't care for Teen Titans and I care even less for this series. As long as it doesn't affect Young Justice's third season, I have no problem with it.
  • Options
    QuinQuestionQuinQuestion Posts: 130
    I liked the original series a lot. I don't know how much that means as I was only 11 when it came out. I did like it more when the mood was serious though. I like the idea of Teen Titans Go as long as it is its own thing and doesn't try to build off of the original show.
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    Bring it on. me and my son loved the original series and weve been thrilled w/ the shorts.
  • Options
    WebheadWebhead Posts: 458
    COOL

Just like Young Justice I did not think I was going like Teen Titans because of the animation but I grew to like it a lot.