Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Walking Dead season 2

random73random73 Posts: 2,318
Hey did you guys see that picture of the Govenor they posted? Two thoughts on this, for me.

1) way too soon! There is a lot of drama to be mined in the prison way before we meet the Govenor. Maybe as the cliff hanger for next season but I want to have time to spend with my boy Tyreese and no T-Dog is not an acceptable substitute.

2) who is this clean cut blond boy anyway? Where is the greasy long haired Major Blood looking dirtbag that we all know and love-to-hate?

Go!

Comments

• Options
    Dammit Season 3.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    As with the previous seasons I'm glad they are not slave to the comic.
    I'm able to seperate the two. Thus I have no opinion about deviations and such. #:-S
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Not even sure we're going to get Tyrese.
  • Options
    I'm able to seperate the two. Thus I have no opinion about deviations and such. #:-S
    You know, i appreciate Kirkman moving in different directions to keep things interesting for long time reader of the comic but there are some beats you have to hit. Tyreese' daughter and her boyfriends failed suicide pact and Rick covering for Tyreese is one of those pivotal moments in the series.
  • Options
    @random73 : and they still can show all that - no problem. I have no worries :D
  • Options
    The Govenor shows up initially in the 5th trade which all told I guess is pretty early on in the series. I just don't want them to rush.
  • Options
    @random73 : agreed - hope they get many more seasons [-O<
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586

You know, i appreciate Kirkman moving in different directions to keep things interesting for long time reader of the comic but there are some beats you have to hit. Tyreese' daughter and her boyfriends failed suicide pact and Rick covering for Tyreese is one of those pivotal moments in the series.
    I feel that the failed suicide pact was just there to help highlight the fact that you don't have to be bitten to become a zombie.

• Options
    ctowner1ctowner1 Posts: 481
    I can understand that POV, and as someone who has read the complete comic, it's always nice to be surprised when the TV show deviates. But I can't help but notice that the show seems at its weakest when it does deviate, and is usually stronger when they adhere to the source material (unlike, say, HBO's Game of Thrones, which has had several very interesting deviations from the text that have made that enjoyable, but has generally followed the books pretty closely and, because of that, IMHO, is a much better show.

e
    L nny

• Options

I feel that the failed suicide pact was just there to help highlight the fact that you don't have to be bitten to become a zombie.

Sure that was huge but also Rick had JUST made the statement "we don't kill the living" an he covered for Tyreese almost immediately. There was some heavy character stuff gong on there. AND it added a layer to the world. Great stuff that it wod be tragic to skip, IMHO.
  • Options
    The second series had a bigger budget made obvious by the increase of zombie action. However it lacked the subtle character connection that the first series had. Opting for a more obvious one. IE. Glen and Megs union (didn't really feel it) and that hasty scenes showing some of the group member's history. E.G. Carl and Sophia's family together on the freeway as the city was bombed.

*side note* I hope that Carl's mother bites it in the next series cos she is sooooo irritating!!!!!!

I loved the first season.

That said I love this show and I hope that it continues for a very long time
    :)