Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The Super Wildpig Show

So I wanted to start a thread for this since people on the forum will be attending this show. This will be my first Wildpig show and I'm pretty jazzed for it. So, who else is going to be coming to this show?

Comments

• Options
    I'll have a table for Argo Comics. Anyone interested in preordering a sketch can message me. Had fun last year and expecting the same this time around.
  • Options
    JohnTiltonJohnTilton Posts: 113
    when I move back to PA after college, this is one of the first shows I want to go to. I've never been to a con before and hearing about this crazy amount of back issues on the show has always intrigued me.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    The amount of back issues has me excited but it's the trades that has me really excited. I've been wanting to get into B.P.R.D. and to get those at half off is awesome.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    One day I'll go to one of these things!
  • Options
    As the forum is new, it's only fitting that we post all of the key info pertaining to the forthcoming Super WildPig Show!

WHEN: Sat., May 5th, 10 AM-6 PM & Sun., May 6th, 10 AM-5 PM

WHERE: Embassy Suites Hotel, 121 Centennial Ave., Piscataway, NJ 08854

THE EVENT: ComicGeekSpeak and WildPig Comics are teaming up to bring you the best of CGS SuperShow and WildPig Cons: community spirit and a vast selection of back issues and trades at unbeatable discounts.

Expect 60,000 back issues from the Silver Age to the present at 50 cents a piece, 2,000 trades (including new releases) at 50% off, comic and comic-related magazines at 50% off, and hundreds of additional new and gently used trades at $5 a piece!

GUESTS: Our guest list includes Peter David, Lee Weeks, Shawn Martinbrough, Don McGregor, Rudy Nebres, Alex Robinson, Jim Calafiore, Joe Staton, J.K. Woodward, and many more! Over 30 artists will be on hand sketching, signing, and selling their merchandise. Check out www.wildpigcomics.com for the complete guest list. Of course, the entire CGS crew will be on hand throughout the weekend!

FCBD: We are participating in FreeComicBookDay! We will have a large number of FCBD titles available on Sat. Each paid admission receives one copy of each title available. We've posted a complete list of the title we will be offering at wildpigcomics.com

AFTER PARTY: Our very own Danielle O'Brien is making her family-owned bar, O'Brien's Tavern, available to us on Sat. night! Karaoke! Check out all of the details at wildpigcomics.com

RAFFLES: Once again, we will be running our legendary raffles throughout the weekend. Raffles will be held on Sat. at 1 PM and 4 PM and on Sun. at 1 PM. Marvel Omnibuses and DC Absolute Editions make up the bulk of the 24 prizes. Addtional raffle tickets will be available at the door for $1 a piece (no limit!) We will also be holding a bonus raffle on Sun. at 3:30 PM. Bonus raffle tickets are $1 a piece, and there is no limit. Half of the proceeds from the bonus raffle will go towards the CGS podcast! A list of raffle items can be found at wildpigcomics.com (we are posting new items every week).

ADMISSION: Weekend passes are available at wildpigcomics.com for a mere $10. Purchase your ticket before the show and receive the following perks:

-3 raffle tickets, which will apply to all three regular raffles!
    -First dibs at the FCBD books!
    -Check-in for pre-ordered tickets will begin at 9 AM. Hence, you will be let into the show right as the doors open at 10 AM!
    -Sketch Raffle: every customer who purchases a ticket online before April 9th will be entered into our sketch raffle. The drawing will be held on a CGS episode recorded on the evening of April 9th. The participating artists are Danielle Corsetto, Bill Ellis, Alex Robinson, Joe Mulvey, Dan Sehn, Nick Mockoviak, Andrew Charipar, Erica Hesse, and J.K. Woodward is generously donating a page of original artwork from IDW's Star Trek/Dr. Who mini-series! Remember, you must purchase your weekend passes before April 9th to be eligible for the sketch raffle!

Tickets will also be available at the door. One day passes are $10; weekend passes are $15. Tickets purchased at the door receive one raffle ticket per day. Please help us out (as well as yourselves!) by purchasing a weekend pass at www.wildpigcomics.com!

Thanks for your support!

Chris, Danielle, Ryan, & the WildPig Crew
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    The amount of back issues has me excited but it's the trades that has me really excited. I've been wanting to get into B.P.R.D. and to get those at half off is awesome.
    trades would have me excited as well, I don't get that many back issues nowadays, in fact I don't think I get any. are the prices on trades at wild pig better than what dcbs has most times?
  • Options
    All trades are 50% off (we also offer hundreds of gently used trades, most of which are $5 a piece).

Thanks,
    Chris, WP
  • Options
    oooo, I might have to time my next trip back home to PA with one of the shows, how much in advance are they generally announced?
  • Options
    All trades are 50% off (we also offer hundreds of gently used trades, most of which are $5 a piece).

Thanks,
    Chris, WP
    I'm very excited for this. Can't wait to check out all the trades.

• Options
    glandgland Posts: 17
    I'm in for Saturday.
    oooo, I might have to time my next trip back home to PA with one of the shows, how much in advance are they generally announced?
    Usually a month or two I think. Every now and then there's a more "sudden" one, but they generally have good lead time.
  • Options
    MiraclemetMiraclemet Posts: 258
    I dont know why but I love hearing about what everyone bought after the fact...
  • Options
    I'm in for Saturday.
    Nice. I'm looking forward to meeting various forum members.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    Hoepfully one year I will manage to make it to either a Wildpig sale or CGS Super Show. If I can just get over my fears of driving long distances,confined spaces and crowds.
  • Options
    I plan on going with my wife and step-son. I want to wait until I'm sure she has off on Saturday before I buy the tickets though.

As for purchases, I plan on looking for back issues of DC Comics Presents, the baxter Legion and other things that catch my eye. There are a few trades I want to see if they have too. At the last Wild Pig Show in November, I got most of the Hourman series that Murd and Shane have raved about and the entire five years later Legion run, among other things. My wife picked up a bunch of New Teen Titans and Nightwing issues she was missing. It was an awesome show, and I'm thinking it will be even better now that it's the Super Wild Pig Show.
  • Options
    I'm going to be looking for Nightwing issues myself and DC Comics Presents. Not to mention some Green Lantern issues of various series. I want to get some B.P.R.D. and Hellboy trades. Also Star Wars: Legacy.
  • Options
    i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 784
    Looking forward to being there on the Sunday!
  • Options
    KilmarockKilmarock Posts: 174
    I'm making my list and checking it twice. Here are some things that I'm hoping to buy at WPSS:

- OHOTMU issues that I'm missing

- some classic Batman trades that I'm ashamed to admit that i have never read

- the one issue of that Eduardo Barreto drawn Martian Manhunter mini-series that I am still missing

- the first arc of JSA Classified (#1-4, drawn by Amanda Connor) which has yet to be collected in trade
  • Options
    KilmarockKilmarock Posts: 174
    I'll also be looking for the 5-6 issues of Peter Milligan's run on Human Target, also never collected in trade.
  • Options
    Andrew here and I am soooo looking forward to going to the show. My daughter and I will be driving up from Florida and I'm excited... i really, really need a convention... whoo hoo.
  • Options
    Action Lab Entertainment has generously donated a prize package to our upcoming sketch raffle! The package will include a Martheus Wade commission, an Action Lab t-shirt (XL), a copy of "Snowed In," and more! We will be drawing the winners during a CGS recording on April 9th, so make sure you buy your weekend pass for the Super WildPig Show at www.wildpigcomics.com Only customers who have purchased their weekend pass before April 9th will have their names included in the drawing. A full list of participating artists can be found in the "Pre-Order Tickets" section.

Thanks!

Chris, WP
  • Options
    I'll also be looking for the 5-6 issues of Peter Milligan's run on Human Target, also never collected in trade.
    UnderRated!
  • Options
    I am getting more and more excited for this. Can't wait.
  • Options
    KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    UnderRated!
    If that's the series I'm thinking of, I agree. Vertigo?

• Options
    UnderRated!
    If that's the series I'm thinking of, I agree. Vertigo?

Thats the one!
  • Options
    The Super WildPig Show is only a month away! All of the pertinent info and tickets can be found at www.wildpigcomics.com Please help us out by spreading the word! We just posted additional raffle items. Remember, half of the proceeds from the bonus raffle will be donated to CGS!

Thanks,
    Chris, WP
  • Options
    Kat_RochaKat_Rocha Posts: 21
    Just wanted to let you know of a deal that J.K. Woodward is offering at Super Wild Pig. If you pledge $20 or more to the Crazy Mary Kickstarter between now and Super Wild Pig, J.K. will give you a free custom head sketch at the show. So not only do you get the normal Crazy Mary incentives, you get a bonus J.K. sketch immediately with no waiting. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1164327580/crazy-mary-graphic-novel
  • Options
    mbatzmbatz Posts: 63
    getting closer:) I'm pretty psyched. I need some new trades:) I'll be there for Sat and Sat night at the after party:)
  • Options
    I'm making my list as we speak. Can't wait.
  • Options
    I'm going to be looking for Nightwing issues myself and DC Comics Presents. Not to mention some Green Lantern issues of various series. I want to get some B.P.R.D. and Hellboy trades. Also Star Wars: Legacy.
    jaydee74 What issues of Nightwing are you looking for? I have a bunch of doubles of the original run.
  • Options
    I missing out on a whole lot. A good portion of my collection was thrown out by my mom when she moved out of her house into an apartment. I'd have to check my comic book database to figure all of that out but a lot which makes me sad.