Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

DC Comics Marvel Dark Horse & Image Solicitations September 2012

DC Comics
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=39127

What are your thoughts on all the new series & the #0 issues?

Dark Horse
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=39136
Anything this this month grab your attention.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=39193
Another Walking Dead HC will be available soon.

Marvel
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=39162
X-MEN: THE WEDDING OF CYCLOPS & PHOENIX TPB

Matthew

Comments

• Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Of the existing series, I'm only going to pick up the 0 issues for the books I already read, so that's Aquaman, Supergirl, and Worlds' Finest (assuming they're still on my list come September, of course). Of the new books, Swords of Sorcery is the only one that strikes my fancy, but at $3.99, it has to be awesome right out of the gate.

Hey, I was thinking the other day... if we're getting a new He-Man book out of DC, why not a collection of their previous MotU material - the DC Comics Presents issue, the special preview that ran in every comic, and the mini-series? Seems like the perfect time to do so, especially since all of the original issues are really hard to find these days.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    I heard Dan Didio was writing Phantom Stranger. Sounds like DC hates Phantom Stranger.
  • Options
    BrianBaerBrianBaer Posts: 80
    It's very kind of DC to tell some tales of cancelled characters in the DCU Presents #0.

It doesn't sound like all of those zero issues are actual prequels, though. I wonder if not everyone played along with the mandate, but they got the numbering anyways.
  • Options
    MiraclemetMiraclemet Posts: 258
    BLANK COVERS!!!!!!!!! (this has been a sticking point for sketch collectors for a while, since Marvel has a bazillion blank covers and DC had virtually none)

BATMAN #0
    “We Can Be Heroes” Blank variant cover available

Unfortunately this will be after Dragon*con so I'll buy some of these just to hold them for next con season...
  • Options
    I like the design element of the Zero issues... though I wish that the cover each character was braking thru was their vintage #1, not their re-boot #1.

Thats why I like the Phantom Stranger & Amethyst covers...

I'm looking forward to
    THE UNWRITTEN VOL. 6: TOMMY TAYLOR AND THE WAR OF WORDS TP
    FABLES DELUXE EDITION BOOK SIX HC
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Sword of Sorcery, as mentioned elsewhere, will get my dough.

Ditto all the titles I usually get: Supergirl, Aquaman, Red Hood, Wonder Woman, etc.

Sorely tempted on that Fables HC...

But the real killer is that they have TWO awesome statues this time around - Starfire and Harley! That Harley one looks NICE!
  • Options
    mguy1977mguy1977 Posts: 801
    I am eager for the Fables OGN HC in November. Since JLI is going away, I will get an indie book to replace it with.

Matthew
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    The usual suspects Justice League, World's Finest, Earth 2, Aquaman, Superman family Adventuresand the last issue of Voodoo. Will add Sword & Sorcery and grab the Huntress and Supergirl trades.
  • Options
    Dark Horse Solicitations
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=39136

Anything looking good this month for everyone.

Matthew
  • Options
    Yes! New Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service!

Yes! Ghost is back!

Yes! Nexus Omnibus!

Crap! Between this and DC I'm gonna go broke!
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Never read Ghost before, but Kelly Sue DeConnick and Phil Noto are a combo that makes me want to check it out.
  • Options
    I have the two volumes of the Ghost Omnibus that Dark Horse put out. Absolutely jaw-dropping art and a character unlike most out there...she's kind of a militant feminist who sees you when you're sleeping and knows when you're awake. ;) And shame on you! I showed up for the artwork, fell in love with the character, and now the books have a treasured spot on the ol' shelf.

Worth picking up.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    No Saga? Sigh :(
  • Options
    Yeah I was sad too @Mr_Cosmic. Sometimes you just luck out. I will buy another volume tpb of Usagi Yojimbo to fill the void. No Usagi isn't Saga but it helps w/ something else to read in its place.

Matthew
  • Options
    ZhurrieZhurrie Posts: 617
    DC:
    Nothing at all for me with the #0 issues, maybe Demon Knights #0. Dropped all DC from my pulls.

Image:
    CREATOR OWNED HEROES #4
    DANCER #5
    DEBRIS #3 (of 4)
    MUDMAN #8
    PLANETOID #4
    (Love Prophet but I tradewait)

Dark Horse:
    THE CREEP #1 (of 4)
    MANARA EROTICA VOLUME 2: KAMA SUTRA AND OTHER STORIES HC
    THE MASSIVE #4

Super light month for me, I'm sure there will be some other stuff but I'm OK with that. The wallet is too!
  • Options
    DC:
    Nothing at all for me with the #0 issues, maybe Demon Knights #0. Dropped all DC
    @Zhurrie I think you should pick up Superman #0.

O:-)
  • Options
    ZhurrieZhurrie Posts: 617
    :) That and Talon I completely forgot to mention for some crazy reason. Slipped my mind.
  • Options
    Marvel
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=39162
    X-MEN: THE WEDDING OF CYCLOPS & PHOENIX TPB

Matthew
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Thanos Quest might seem like a lot at $7.99 but it is going for at least double that on Ebay. Unless you are lucky and find both volumes in a cheap bin at a con I think this might be your best bet at getting it for a decent price.
  • Options
    DC:
    Some #0 issues.
    Really want to start picking up those Fables Deluxes

Dark Horse:
    Ghost #0 (maybe)
    Manara Erotica Volume 2 (Hate Dark Horse for exploiting my love of Manara)
    THE SHAOLIN COWBOY ADVENTURE MAGAZINE TP (Yes!!! It's back!!! Shaolin Cowboy was awesome. I was not happy when it got the ax. Hope this lives up to the rest.)

Image:
    The Manhatten Projects #7
    Morning Glories #23
    I didn't see Saga

Marvel:
    Nothing in Marvel. I was getting Wolverine & the X-Men, but AvX put an end to that.

Doesnt look too bad, but I still think its too much. I'll have to figure out what to do.
  • Options
    @NewPalpatine No Saga this month. Sad times I know but try another comic instead there are plenty out there.

Matthew
  • Options
    Image:
    THE WALKING DEAD BOOK 8 HC
    THE MANHATTAN PROJECTS #7

Marvel
    Avx: Vs #6 (of 6)
    AVENGERS VS X-MEN #11
    AVENGERS VS X-MEN #12 (of 12)
    AVENGING SPIDER-MAN #12> Deadpool +Spidey is ALWAYS a buy.
    POWERS: THE DEFINITIVE COLLECTION VOL. 5 HC FINALLY!

Darkhorse
    B.P.R.D.: PLAGUE OF FROGS VOLUME 4 HC

DC/Vertigo
    FABLES DELUXE EDITION BOOK SIX HC
    THE UNWRITTEN VOL. 6: TOMMY TAYLOR AND THE WAR OF WORDS TP

Geeze oh peeze thats gonna be a pricey month. 4 HCs and a trade... ouch
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I plan on getting the Walking Dead Book 8 as a week early birthday gift for myself & Fables Deluxe Edition 6 HC as a late birthday present since it is coming out around Thanksgiving time. And should the Fables Werewolves of the Heartland OGN HC ever come out (I'm not holding my breath), I will get that for Christmas (should it be released that is).

Gobble, Gobble.

Matthew
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    Love that Defenders #10 cover.
    Iron Fist looks hilarious.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I want to check out Team 7. Sounds interesting.