Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

New Kevin Smith podcast - Fatman on the Batman - Interview with Paul Dini

I have heard the name Paul Dini and I knew of his association with Batman but this 90 minute plus episode taught me a lot about his career. Some highlights

His work on Fat Albert and how he made Chris Rock cry :)
Working on He-Man
Developing BTAS with Dini and Radomski
Creating Harley Quinn and how Kevin decided on naming his daughter after her
And working on Arkham Asylum
The BATS "Over The Edge" episode

I don't know if this is old news for everyone else but I got a kick out of this. Enjoyed Kevin's fanboy take on the discussion. Most of the Batman I have enjoyed has been Miller and Loeb but I guess I can add Dini. I guess I need to check out any comics he has written.

Really entertaining and made me run to my library and get some BTAS dvd's.

Episode 2? Mark Hamil

Forgot to include info about where to find it. I geeked out. And its a regular podcast it seems.

http://smodcast.com/channels/fatman-on-batman/

Comments

• Options
    chrisruggiachrisruggia Posts: 40
    edited June 2012
    No link? Headed to google...

I found it easily, but thanks for the link!
  • Options
    PaulPaul Posts: 169
    It's about Batman... how the hell is that Off Topic?!?

It's a great interview. I really enjoyed it, and the details behind some of the great episodes of the Animated Series.
  • Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623
    is that a podcast in and of itself or is it just a episode of smodcast? more info please
  • Options
    bats00bats00 Posts: 275
    It is a new podcast he is doing (Fatman on Batman), however the first episode is also an episode of SModcast. Kind of like a back door pilot from the 80's.
  • Options
    luckymustardluckymustard Posts: 927
    mark hamill was also just on the nerdist podcast network, tom wilson's big pop fun.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087

It's a great interview. I really enjoyed it, and the details behind some of the great episodes of the Animated Series.
    most likely flagged "off topic" since this thread might belong to the category "Other Comic Podcasts" :-B

and yes, agreed - the interview was quite decent (for a smodcast production)
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    I put the link where to find it above. I thought about putting it in the pimp your podcast thread but I thought it might generate some discussion about BTAS along with it.
  • Options
    PaulPaul Posts: 169

most likely flagged "off topic" since this thread might belong to the category "Other Comic Podcasts" :-B

and yes, agreed - the interview was quite decent (for a smodcast production)
    You're probably right. People just need to be less anal about that kind of stuff.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200

Don't feel bad brah I got marked as off topic for talking about Batman Forever in the Netflix thread.

• Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    It was great and Ill be getting them for sure. The best thing Kevin Smith has done in a long while. FYI he interviewed Paul Dini (along w/ his wife) once before not long ago... I think on his "morning show" podcast. It was also awesome and I remember thinking he should do something like this. I suggest seeking that interview as well. and BTW for anyone not familiar with Paul Dinis wife... holy hubba hubba batman!