Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Guess who's finally going to be appearing in Smallville (the comic)? (SPOILERS)

Now that Smallville isn't on TV anymore, they can apparently have Clark meet Batman. And Batman's partner, Nightwing.

And on Earth Smallville, Nightwing is Stephanie Brown.

I've watched maybe a dozen episodes of Smallville. It was just never my thing. But as a Steph fan, this seems like a real "vote with my wallet" kind of situation if there ever was one.

Well-played, Bryan Q. Miller. Well-played. And appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    I plan to plow through Smallville soon, from the first episode to the last.

Should be fun.

And this comic sounds cool.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    Should be awesome.
  • Options
    PaulPaul Posts: 169
    Now that Smallville isn't on TV anymore, they can apparently have Clark meet Batman. And Batman's partner, Nightwing.

And on Earth Smallville, Nightwing is Stephanie Brown.

I've watched maybe a dozen episodes of Smallville. It was just never my thing. But as a Steph fan, this seems like a real "vote with my wallet" kind of situation if there ever was one.

Well-played, Bryan Q. Miller. Well-played. And appreciated.
    Ooh! I didn't realize Miller was the writer on that. I loved his Batgirl run, so I'll need to check this out!
  • Options
    BrianBaerBrianBaer Posts: 80
    @Paul - Same artist, too.

I'd rather see Clark meet Smallville-Universe Wonder Woman, but this is bound to be cool. I've been digging this comic so far.
  • Options
    GadaboutGadabout Posts: 16
    I don't understand the comment about being a Stephanie Brown fan. This character shares her name and that's it. I'm a huge fan of Stephanie Brown and this Batman and Nightwing introduction is kind of a turn off on this series for me. I was thinking I would give it a try because of how much I enjoyed BQM's Batgirl but it doesn;t look great.
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    I don't understand the comment about being a Stephanie Brown fan. This character shares her name and that's it. I'm a huge fan of Stephanie Brown and this Batman and Nightwing introduction is kind of a turn off on this series for me. I was thinking I would give it a try because of how much I enjoyed BQM's Batgirl but it doesn;t look great.
    Well, considering the future scenes we saw in the last issue of Miller's Batgirl series, her role here is pretty appropriate.

• Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    And DiDio confirmed the rumors that Steph is, indeed, out of the book in favor of Babs.

In other news, I just saved $4 a month.