Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Current Story Arcs

GregGreg Posts: 1,946
We've all heard about Night of the Owls and AvX, but what are some current story arcs that aren't getting talked about that you think should be? Please share and post post them here.

Comments

• Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623
    the story in the ultimates and ultimate x-men has been a pretty good one so far, and it's dealing with stuff that's been going on in the ultimate universe for a while now

i had almost dropped ultimate x-men but they hooked me back in and it's better than ever in my opinion
  • Options
    Because of my work schedule I get behind in reading my floppies. When I do catch up it feels wrong to post a five issue run in the best single issue thread.

I finished issues 1-5 of Transformers Robots in Disguise. I did not keep up with Transformers comics of the 80's and was last to game with IDW's earlier Transformers titles.

I'm digging this story because I'm not seeing things that I've personally seen before. Sure you have Decepticons being what they are known for but I'm being shown how f'ed up some of the Autobots really are.

Autobots, Decepticons and the non-aligned Cybertronians are now trying to co-exist and run a united provisional government led by Bumblebee, while you still have old grudges and scheming going on behind the scenes.

What I have been enjoying about this is, there is no Optimus Prime and Megatron hogging the spotlight. Starscream is playing all three factions and doing it well. Prowl playing both sides of good cop/bad cop. Arcee is fricking nuts. You see just how hard this war has been on some of these characters, You have Decepticons that are ready to make an honest living and be a productive member of society while there are Autobots with homocidal grins, hoping to off any Decepticon walking down the street.

This isn't going to be a lot of peoples cuppa, it may not compare to what is going in other titles, its not the Transformers that I'm used to and i'm enjoying it.
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    @Greg, that sounds really interesting! I'm curious to check that out whereas I might have ignored it altogether otherwise.

The past two issues of Supergirl have been really interesting, with the introduction of the DCnU version of Silver Banshee, who actually makes friends with Kara because they're both immigrants far away from home and dealing with the baggage of their respective pasts. And SB's powers make it so she can actually talk with Kara, who still only speaks Kryptonian, so this is the first person on Earth she's been able to communicate with other than Clark or Superboy. However, with the return of the Black Banshee, SB's father, it looks like the new Silver Banshee may end up a villain like the old one was. I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out.
  • Options
    bustybusty Posts: 104
    Probably everything image is putting out gets overshadowed by the dross 'the house of ideas'puts out.
    Plus six gun is always a top read.
    Just wish the average comic reader would take a chance.
  • Options
    ZhurrieZhurrie Posts: 617
    I'm with @busty, Image is killing it across the board. Prophet is insanely good, Saga needs no mention. :)
  • Options
    Planet of the apes
    Most new image books
    Charismagic
    Red hood
    Supergirl
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Finsished reading the second Transformers title, More Than Meets The Eye #1-5.

Here we have Rodimus Prime and Ultra Magnus leading 200+ Autobots, former Decepticons and non-aligned Cybertronians through space searching for their ancestors that left Cybertron millions of years before the factions we know were ever formed. In Robots In Disguise we have a story that not only has action but has political intrigue and conspiracies. Here we have an space adventure where these large shape changing robots learn that there are things in space that even they should be very afraid of and you get a very nice amount of cryptic foreshadowing in the first couple of issues.

I really like the way Rodimus is portrayed here. It reminds me in a small way of Chris Pine's Kirk in the Star Trek reboot.

To be honest I can't tell much without spoiling what happens here. I'll just say if you're a Transformers fan, try this one out. I'm digging both titles but this one had me saying out loud "oh he better not f-ing die," so yes, it's my favorite of the two. It's kind of got an outer space suspense/terror/horror thing going on but with Transformers and it is cool.