Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

SDCC 2012!!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    TrevTrev Posts: 310

There are no ticket sales on-site at the con this year. They are doing something online in Aug for current attendees. Tickets for the general public go on sale in Feb or March and sell out within hours (significantly less if you want 4 day). Keep an eye on their site.
    That doesn't give much time for those who are not in-country to book and get there, that is if you aren't attending this year. Plus, wouldn't that max out ticket sales before the general public can get at them? It sounds a lot like becoming preferred members with ticketting companies to get pre-sale tickets before the general public get them.
    It all happens online. They have a system called member-id that limits ticket sales to one per person, so scalpers can't buy up a ton of them, AND they limit the number of tickets that they'll sell to current attendees.

Thanks @trev. Is it on the comic con website?

It's on different sites but you can start at the cci website. First you have to get a member id, then you use that to buy tix. It all happens across two vendors. The cci website will have all the details. 2013 stuff probably won't start popping up until aug or sept.
  • Options
    kfreemankfreeman Posts: 314
    I'll be alternating between tables L-13 (Action Lab) and K-12 (Squid Works) in the Small Press Pavilion. Want to make my weekend? Stop by and buy a SubCulture trade.
  • Options
    FlagwaverFlagwaver Posts: 140
    Just saw this today about 2013 pre-registration. No more registering at the con.

http://comic-con.org/cci/cci_important_info.php#prereg

• Options
    TheMarvelManTheMarvelMan Posts: 159
    Sadly, I'm not going to San Diego. But if you're going, and want to by my bestest friend ever, please stop by the Marvel booth and ask about the Marvel Heroes MMO (or ever play the demo for a few minutes!). I still haven't been able to find out about the platform that they will be using. If you can find out at the show, I'll love you long time!
  • Options
    ctowner1ctowner1 Posts: 481
    Dodger Stadium Question, for those of you in the know:

how are the Infield Reserve seats behind the plate? Is that a good view of the field? or is it up really high? or what? I see some Preferred Loge Box seats (I guess a little lower down?) but those are out in the outfield -- are those worse than the Infield Reserves behind the plate? I assume the reserves are better than the Top Deck seats, right? Or am I much better off going for the Field Boxes - the outfield Field boxes are similarly priced to the Infield Reserves and the outfield Loge Boxes. Or I can go for the MVP Field Boxes behind the plate (but that's about twice the price of the other seats)?
  • Options
    ChrisMurrinChrisMurrin Posts: 256
    http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/la/ballpark/seating_pricing.jsp

You can click on a section and see photos of the view from the seats at the link above. There aren't many bad seats at Dodger Stadium. The infield reserve is a bit high, like a low third deck in any ballpark. The top deck is pretty high up there. The outfield loge are good seats, but keep in mind the seats at Dodger Stadium aren't turned to face the infield, so the farther out in the Loge section you get, the more you have to turn in your seat to see most of the action.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Thanks, Chris. We ended up with 3rd row reserve seats behind home plate. My LA friend told me about the weird angle of the outfield box and loge seats and he wasn't a fan of that!
  • Options
    So what's the deal on comicon freebies and/or exclusives? Any good ones announced for this week? Are there giant lines to get these things and they invariably run out instantly?

Anything on anyone's radar?

e
    L nny
  • Options
    Getting ready to head out now. Please stop by and see me at Small Press M-14!
  • Options
    This looks good - who's up for it??

http://www.bigshinyrobot.com/reviews/archives/42171

SDCC – Escape from the Walking Dead
    Monday, July 9th, 2012 at 11:34 am Category: Comic Con, Comics, Image, Television, Walking Dead

San Diego Comic-Con is right around the corner and for those of you going you may be able to participate in one of the coolest events I’ve ever seen! The Walking Dead Escape will be taking over Petco Park July 12th-14th during Comic-Con. As a survivor it will be up to you to run, crawl, jump, and hide to get past the hordes of zombies. You can also pay to be a walker in the event and have your make up done by the company that is responsible for the make up on the show. Spectator tickets are also available if being a walker or a survivor isn’t your thing, but you still want to check it out. For those that are running through the event as survivors you’ll get a little something extra. The first 10000 people that go through as survivors will recieve a special Walking Dead #100 variant drawn by Matt Roberts, who worked with Robert Kirkman on Battle Pope. So if you’re going to San Diego try your luck, see if you can escape from the Walking Dead!

The Walking Dead Escape: San Diego takes place July 12 -15 at Petco Park , centrally located near the San Diego Convention Center . Participants can be a Survivor and race through the zombie infested evacuation zone; a Walker who becomes one of the undead, embracing the inevitable; or a Spectator who watches the apocalypse from sidelines at the Escape Party. The Walking Dead Escape: San Diego is unlike any obstacle course event in the U.S. , expanding on Robert Kirkman’s best-selling The Walking Dead comic book series and graphic novel storylines, allowing Survivors and Walkers to explore the initial days of the apocalypse. Survivors will climb, crawl and slide in an effort to avoid confrontation by hordes of Walkers, while achieving the ultimate adventure on The Walking Dead-themed obstacle course. The Walking DeadEscape is not a race, and Survivors are not timed, but the end is near, and they must move swiftly. If they’re lucky, Survivors will reach the decontamination zone at the end where it will be determined if they have been infected. Participants will be amazed at the interactive displays and The Walking Dead references along the course. Early registration is strongly recommended, as walk-ups may not be available on event day. This summer, The Walking Dead will be taking over Petco Park and fans will have a front row seat to the real-life action event of a lifetime. For more information or to register for this event, please visit www.thewalkingdeadescape.com orwww.Skybound.com.

• Options
    Getting ready to head out now. Please stop by and see me at Small Press M-14!
    Will definitely stop by, Steve!!

e
    L nny
  • Options
    Hey guys. I'm going to pop down to mission bay for some kayaking but that's as close as I will get to the con this year. I hope you all have a great time and I hope I can make it in next year.
  • Options
    So 15 minutes after I got off the plane from San Diego, I realized I'd left my camera and iPod on the plane! I ran back from the airport to the terminal and told them I forgot my stuff and could they please check seat 11C to get them for me. So they checked - and no dice! They tell me perhaps it's been turned in to lost and found. While I'm there, I realize that I had told them the wrong seat number. So I run down from the lost and found and tell them to check seat 4A (I'd given them the seat number from the first flight home). Too late, the plane was gone!! So after a week of going back and forth with will multiple people, I was about to give up when the following monday I finally got through to a person at the Chicago lost and found (I'd flown through Chicago) and, stunningly, they had my camera AND ipod!!! whoohooo!!! Amazing!!!

So thanks to honest American Airline/Chicago Lost & Found people, here's all of my pics:

[url]http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk264/ctowner1/SDCC 2012/[/url]

If you don't want to see them all, here's just the babes:

[url]http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk264/ctowner1/sdcc babes/[/url]

And here's some selected pics:

Lenny, Scott, Tony, Trevor, Bob, Sean, Steve Bryant, Andy Jewitt, Chris Murrin

On the floor:

Me at the Walking Dead booth:

Kirkman/Adlard panel:

Sergio Aragones:

Batmobile!

e
    L nny