Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Question vs. Discussion

In this version of the forum, you have the choice of creating either a discussion or a question.

The default is question, but probably most of the time you are creating a discussion. So please click the appropriate link when starting a new topic. It will really help with the functionality of the forum.

Thanks,

Bry

Comments

• Options
    brydeemerbrydeemer Posts: 216
    Questions aren't supposed to be posted here. This was simply a thread to explain to you how questions vs. discussions work on this forum.

Bry
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Questions aren't supposed to be posted here. This was simply a thread to explain to you how questions vs. discussions work on this forum.
    I was wondering how long that would take.
  • Options
    mrfusionmrfusion Posts: 186
    Can you change a question to a discussion once it's been posted?
  • Options
    Never mind, I figured it out. :)
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Never mind, I figured it out. :)
    Hell, I'd like to know.
  • Options
    I went back into the "question" and clicked the edit button. It then gave you the option to make it a question or a discussion just above your original post.
  • Options
  • Options
    I don't know who would win in that fight.

I've never heard of 'The Discussion' but I have heard of 'The Question'.

If we are talking which 'Question' I've got to back Vic Sage.
  • Options
    I don't know who would win in that fight.

I've never heard of 'The Discussion' but I have heard of 'The Question'.

If we are talking which 'Question' I've got to back Vic Sage.
    Let's not forget about The Answer.
  • Options
    Is there an option to make a question into a poll? (I'm duuuumb)
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    Ok I might be missing something but how do i make a new topic?
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    A difference from the old place is that you don't enter a forum page and the start a discussion there, rather the "New Discussion" button should always be visible under your name and pic in the upper left of your view. Click that and then choose from the list which category you want to create a discussion in, and go from there.
  • Options
    A difference from the old place is that you don't enter a forum page and the start a discussion there, rather the "New Discussion" button should always be visible under your name and pic in the upper left of your view. Click that and then choose from the list which category you want to create a discussion in, and go from there.
    Yeah for some reason that button doesn't show up on either of my browsers. But I did discover it by accident anyway. Thanks for the help @David_D.

• Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Yeah for some reason that button doesn't show up on either of my browsers. But I did discover it by accident anyway. Thanks for the help @David_D.

Strange-- just so I know, in case it comes up again, where did you end up finding it on your browser? Thanks.
  • Options

Strange-- just so I know, in case it comes up again, where did you end up finding it on your browser? Thanks.

It is right where you said it was. But on both of the browsers I use the words are the same color as the button so I didn't see it. I just happened to move my mouse over it and figured it out. The browsers I am using are AOL,yeah I know it sucks,and an older version of Mozilla.
  • Options
    MiraclemetMiraclemet Posts: 258
    hmm Im familar with "The Question"

but who is "The Discussion"? Is it some DCnU hero?

And I really dont want to know what superpower "The Poll" has....