Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Kickstarter preferences

When choosing campaigns to back, what's your preference?

Kickstarter preferences 6 votes

Hardcover for $25-$30
33%
John_SteedZhurrie 2 votes
Trade paperback for $15-$20
33%
dubbat138ChrisMurrin 2 votes
No preference
33%
TorchsongGreg 2 votes

Comments

• Options
    Hey, everyone!

I'm helping a friend out with an upcoming Kickstarter campaign. His book is completed, so we're just looking at how best to print it.

I know that the default is "I back whatever looks good to me," but let's assume that you already like the project/creator/preview pages...what's the best format for you?

Thanks!
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    Hardcover for $25-$30
    I especially like it if the form of the book reflects it's content - or easy put: the overall package must be nice. I'm all for haptic pleasures...... ;;)
  • Options
    ZhurrieZhurrie Posts: 617
    Hardcover for $25-$30
    Hardcover with a small sketch and sig is my preferred choice always. I like having something a little more personal since I helped bring it to life. If there is ever an option with a project of a HC or a SC it is never a question, HC every time as long as it is reasonable like this and within a ~$10 range.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    No preference
    In truth I'm more about the bonus materials - free sketches, a thank you in the book, maybe a print, etc. If the book is a trade or a HC makes no real difference to me - unless you're going all out and doing a slipcased hardcover oversized or something like that.
  • Options
    ChrisMurrinChrisMurrin Posts: 256
    Trade paperback for $15-$20
    It depends on how well I know the creator. For someone I'm familiar with, whose work I admire a great deal, I may go for the HC. Generally, though, I just want to read the material at the cheapest price possible, so I voted for the TPB. If it's for someone I'm really not familiar with, I even prefer a cheaper, digital option to hedge against them never delivering.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    edited June 2012
    Hardcover for $25-$30
    Quite often a trade turns HC if the Kickstarter campaign exceeds the set goal.