Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Lobo Co-creator victim of Hit and Run

From Marv Wolfman's Facebook page....

Sometimes it's so hard to post bad news. My very long time (since the mid 70s) friend Roger Slifer is in intensive care after a hit and run on Friday and he's still in a coma. He's in Ronald Reagan hospital in UCLA. As other friends of his have pointed out, we didn't say anything right away because Roger is fairly private, but if we have any chance of finding the driver we all decided we had to make this public. He is in critical condition with brain injury.

I first met Roger up at the offices of Marvel Comics where he worked in the production department. He soon graduated to writing and editing as well. In the 1980s, when I was too busy to write the Omega Men, a group created by me and artist Joe Staton, I happily turned the chores over to Roger. Within a few months Roger and his artist, Keith Giffen, added a new character to the book, the space mercenary known as Lobo. Not a bad creation. Roger moved onto animation as both a writer and producer for Sunbow, producing shows such as Transformer, G.I. Joe and many, many more. I worked for him on shows such as Street Fighter and others. He produced animation for several decades and was really good at it. I saw him just a few weeks back at the Comic Book Sunday gathering and he told me he was putting together a Kickstarter project. Now this.

I've been in North Carolina and just got home so I don't yet have all the facts, but it doesn't appear that the Santa Monica Police aren't moving as fast as they should. If you can make a phone call to push them a bit, please do.

Comments