Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Oh boy...yay...Spidey is getting a ...oh, this may have spoilers.

GregGreg Posts: 1,946
http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/06/27/spider-man-sidekick-alpha/

Uh. Hmmmm. I just lost a lil' love for Dan Slott. I hope this is just a short arc and nothing permenant. Spidey doesn't need a sidekick.

Comments

• Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    edited June 2012
    Seeing how Spidey was created because Stan Lee hated sidekicks and Spidey can be a smart ass to other heroes it would be good to have his own pain in the butt. Strangely I like the idea. But it can't be permanent can it?
  • Options
    tommysheroestommysheroes Posts: 174
    Nothing in comics is permanent. That being said this is an interesting, totally new thing for Spidey, so I am into it.
  • Options
    Instinctively, this is wrong to me. I am going to remain optimistic, and hope Dan has something good planned. Plus Spidey already has a sidekick, his name is Johhny Storm.
  • Options
    Just think of what it'll do to poor lil' Johnny's ego feelings.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    I'm interested in how this plays out;
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    So, in another thread, I found out Spidey has made special suits for special occasions, has special webbing, has an array of new weapons he keeps on him, and now I find out he's getting a sidekick?! I guess even Marvel is impressed with the success of Batman!

M
    Don't forget he once had the Spider-buggy!

• Options
    GadaboutGadabout Posts: 16
    I like the idea. Would have been kind of cool to have had it be the kid who is the Ultimate Spider-Man but from the 616 side of things.
  • Options
    Couldn't that have made it Miles Morales. He doesn't have to have spider powers but I think it would have been nice to see him in this universe as well in some fashion.
  • Options
    abuddahabuddah Posts: 133
    There isn't a face palm big enough for this dopey decision. Marvel did all this work undoing the marriage and essentially de-aging Peter Parker and now saddles him with a sidekick emphasizing his age even more? This is why I've only read the Ultimate title.
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    I think Dan Slott has been knocking it out of the park with his run on Spidey. I trust he knows what he is doing and this is going to be just as enjoyable as the rest of his work for the last couple of years. You just know that "Alpha" is going to be a pain-in-the-ass for poor Pete.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Posts: 62
    I'm all for it. people complain when they do something different and people complain when they do something new, They can't win. It sounds like a short story arc, and I'll look forward to it.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    In certain ways, I think this makes sense. Here you got Peter Parker, former teen superhero mentoring a new generation of teen Superhero. He's getting his powers more or less the same way as Peter did and from what I can tell, Peter might even feel a tad responsible for this kid getting powers and you know how Peter is when it comes to power and responsibility. I have faith in Dan Slott so far. Let's see what he can do with this.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    I confess i do not collect Spiderman but the preview pages looked pretty good and i don't find the concept inherently repulsive, there could be some good drama to be mined there. i might even give it a go just to see.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    It looks interesting. I just checked out the preview and I liked what I saw. Could be fun.
  • Options
    I always thought Finesse would make a good student to tag along with Spidey.

In Slott I trust.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    edited June 2012
    I always thought Finesse would make a good student to tag along with Spidey.

In Slott I trust.
    That sounds naughty!
  • Options
    I already had this ordered since it was the 50th anniversary issue and I loved the cover. They always have some kind of gimmick for the anniversey issues. Six arms, hologram covers,etc.