Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1243 Talkback: Uncle Sal

PantsPants Posts: 567
edited June 2012 in CGS Episodes & Spin-Offs
As he's quick to point out, it's been a while since we've had Sal Abbinanti, or 'Uncle Sal' as we like to call him, on our show. We remedy that with this over two hour extravaganza. Listen along won't you please and enjoy the monologues of America's Sweetheart. (2:13:55)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    I wish I had a crazy, perverse, foul-mouthed uncle. Why did all of my uncles have to be normal?
  • Options
    UNCLE SAL! Thursday just got a bit dirtier, but I feel better since laughter is the best medicine.
  • Options
    mguy1977mguy1977 Posts: 801
    edited June 2012
    Is Uncle Sal going to have a collection of his Atomika work in HC or Absolute form? If so, when? I got a few issues from someone but want to read the whole thing collected (if possible). As for Uncle Sal being "CGS Uncle Sal" everyone has to vent or they will explode or have ulcers or a stress related problems from keeping it bottled up too long.

On a different note, Deemer is working in Delaware at a banking job??? Apparently the new house is the center of the all new 52 Deemer where up is down & there are red skies a brewing. Glad to hear that Pants that things are getting better for him at ToysRUS. Murd's Time Bubble most recent episode was all kinds of comic goodness as usual.

Thanks for making Thursday morning kick off to a great start.

Matthew

• Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    Come on Sal ,the White Sox have at least won a World series recently.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    I can't listen to this at work. If Sal is bringing up baseball, 4PM can't get here fast enough.
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    I am saving this one tomorrow after I get booted from work.
  • Options
    bustybusty Posts: 104
    So great having Sal on,would love to hear him on a off the rack reviews episode.
  • Options
    JDickJDick Posts: 206
    I met Sal very briefly at the free signing Alex Ross was doing when his exhibit opened at the Warhol. He was very busy but did get a smile on his face when I mentioned CGS. He also said that these episodes "get me in trouble". Nice guy.
  • Options
    poisonelf1poisonelf1 Posts: 40
    i believe this is the first time i've heard Sal on the show
    and holy crap is Sal funny!!!
    i'm half way through the episode and its so funny!
    after i put the kid to bed tonight i'll listen to the rest.can't wait!
    Great stuff!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I can't listen to this at work. If Sal is bringing up baseball, 4PM can't get here fast enough.
    He mentions how the Cubs suck. Then said something about how the Sox also suck.

• Options
    i believe this is the first time i've heard Sal on the show
    and holy crap is Sal funny!!!
    i'm half way through the episode and its so funny!
    after i put the kid to bed tonight i'll listen to the rest.can't wait!
    Great stuff!
    Uncle Sal episodes are some of the best anti-depressant out there.
  • Options
    I picture Uncle Sal as "Unkie Herb" from about 25 years ago on the Simpsons--Homer's long lost half-brother voiced by Danny DeVito. Right on!
  • Options
    Have any of you looked at his painting on Facebook? It is amazing!
  • Options
    KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    Have any of you looked at his painting on Facebook? It is amazing!
    I've seen some of his artwork online. I'm always thinking of how funny he is when he's on the show that I forget that he's also a damn good artist too. Has all of Atomika been collected?
  • Options
    CalibanCaliban Posts: 1,358
    Can someone let me know if there is a Muddle the Murd segment in this show?
    thanks
  • Options
    Can someone let me know if there is a Muddle the Murd segment in this show?
    thanks
    It's all sal

• Options
    NKQNKQ Posts: 24
    I have all of the Uncle Sal episodes on my iphone. Not only does he have terrific comic timing, he seems real, in that he doesn't pull punches, which gets him in trouble. Knowing that, his credibility is high. He's the "Behind the Scenes" guy that let's us peek into the comic book industry. I have a number of CGS episodes that I listen to over and over again. Half of them are Uncle Sal episodes. It took a forum like CGS to unleash Uncle Sal's mouth.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    The Uncle Sal on CGS is quite different from the Sal on Facebook. On there his comments and pics show the other, more tame, happy side of him. He's got a awesome family.
    His appearances on CGS seem to be some kind of therapy. Or rather some form of exorcism. What unique constellation. Love it.

And I certainly will keep buying his books.
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Oh, man! I was just listening to all the Unc Sal Eps at work yesterday...I can't wait to hear this new one! I find it interesting that there's folks who haven't heard him yet! i guess it shows that CGS is still gaining some new listeners..
  • Options
    Just finished listening! Uncle Sal still has it! It is so funny how he has started to zero in on and pick on the Geeks individually now. The Bryan on Facebook rant was especially funny. I also like how when it gets quiet, Sal's "go to" is to pick on either Jamie or Pants. i'm sure Mike's turn will come eventually, but Murd is maybe just too quiet to end up on Sal's radar. As for USC (also my alma mater), I knew about the film school thing from talking to Sal at Fan Expo last year and Emerald this year, but I'd like to know more about his time there.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    @alienal There is a podcast of Sal on the Sidebar podcast talking about his USC days & his growing up days in addition to the usual Sal stuff. The episode is episode 98.

Matthew
  • Options
    @mguy1977
    Thanks! I'll have to check that out!
  • Options
    @Mguy1977

Thank you I just downloaded that episode and will check it out later. More Sal is always great.
  • Options
    No problem guys.

Matthew

• Options
    KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    The Uncle Sal on CGS is quite different from the Sal on Facebook. On there his comments and pics show the other, more tame, happy side of him. He's got a awesome family.
    His appearances on CGS seem to be some kind of therapy. Or rather some form of exorcism. What unique constellation. Love it.

And I certainly will keep buying his books.
    I picture Sal as kinda like Howard Stern in a way. People think Howard Stern is as crazy as he is on the air, but he's really a pretty normal guy. The things he says on his show are (or at least seem to be to me) the truth and his true feelings, but are greatly exaggerated for comedic effect.
  • Options
    Classic...as always!!!
  • Options
    My first CGS episode I ever listened to was an Uncle Sal episode. Hooks me every time. Reminds me of my family back up north.
  • Options
    TheMarvelManTheMarvelMan Posts: 159
    I guess I'm in the minority here. These are the only CGS episodes that I skip. My reaction to his personality is not positive. Well, to each his own! Glad the rest of you enjoyed yourself!