Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

July Previews - what looks good?

Man, big month for cool looking trades and hardcovers. I will be affording almost none of it, sadly, but if I could, here's everything I'd get (beyond my usual stuff):

ALL STAR WESTERN TP VOL 01 GUNS AND GOTHAM

BLAST OFF ROCKETS RAYGUNS ROBOTS & RARITIES TP - I love looking at old space toys.

DC COMICS THE SEQUENTIAL ART OF AMANDA CONNER HC

DOCTOR WHO VOL 3 1 - Andy Diggle and Mark Buckingham on Doctor Who? That's worth checking out.

GHOST 0

LOU SCHEIMER CREATING FILMATION GENERATION SC

MARS ATTACKS HC - About time someone put out a book reprinting the card set at a bigger size! Been wanting something like this for years.

NEW YORK DRAWINGS ADRIAN TOMINE HC - Tomine art books are always worth looking at.

NEXUS OMNIBUS TP VOL 01 - Affordable TPB collections of Nexus from a publisher that’ll actually release them. Yes. Definitely.

ORDER OF DAGONET 1 – Fun sounding magical modern Britain series from the Princeless creator

PETER CANNON THUNDERBOLT 1 – Liked the 90s DC revival, and he was always one of the funkier Charlton characters. Not a lot from Dynamite ever really excites me, though.

SMALLVILLE SEASON 11 5 – Bryan Q. Miller writing Stephanie Brown, and promising she’ll be much like the Old 52 version? Yup.

SUPERGIRL TP VOL 01 LAST DAUGHTER OF KRYPTON – I’ve been buying the issues, and they’re good. If you haven’t been, give this a shot.

SWORD OF SORCERY 0 – Really curious to read new Amethyst from the creator of Jem.

THANOS FINAL THREAT 1 – Happy to see these reprinted. Never did read this story.

THANOS QUEST 1 – Never read this, either.

WOLVERINE AND X-MEN BY JASON AARON TP VOL 01 – Want to pick this up, but 4 issues is a pretty slim trade.

WRINKLE IN TIME GN – Adapted and illustrated by Hope Larsen… I bet this’ll be pretty good.

Comments

• Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    My order..as of now..subject to change:

BOOM!

HYPERNATURALS #3

DC

ACTION COMICS #0
    AQUAMAN #0
    BATMAN #0
    BATGIRL #0
    DIAL H #0
    EARTH 2 #0
    GREEN LANTERN #0
    GREEN LANTERN CORPS #0
    HE MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE #3 (OF 6)
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #0
    JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #0
    PHANTOM STRANGER #0
    SWAMP THING #0
    SWORD OF SORCERY #0
    TALON #0
    TEAM 7 #0
    WORLDS FINEST #0

IDW

STAR TREK TNG DOCTOR WHO ASSIMILATION #5

Image (no Saga, "whaaaa!")

MANHATTAN PROJECTS #7
    PLANETOID #4
    WALKING DEAD HC VOL 08

MARVEL

AVENGERS #30
    AVENGERS VS X-MEN #11
    AVENGERS VS X-MEN #12
    CAPTAIN MARVEL #4
    FANTASTIC FOUR #610
    FF #22
    HAWKEYE #2
    MUPPETS #3 (OF 4)
    NEW AVENGERS #30 AVX
    WINTER SOLDIER #10
    WINTER SOLDIER #11

OTHER

PREVIEWS #288

• Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Adventure Time #8
    Marceline & The Scream Queens #3
    Amazing Spider-Man #693 & 694
    Avengers #30
    Avenging Spider-Man #12
    Damsels #1
    Deadpool #60 & 61
    Earth 2 #0
    Fantastic Four #610
    FF #22
    Garfield #5
    Justice League #0
    New Avengers #30
    Pathfinder #2
    Peanuts Vol 2 #2
    Princeless: Stories For Warrior Women #1
    Revival #3
    Rocketeer: Cargo of Doom #2
    Skullkickers #18
    ST:TNG/Dr. Who #5
    Steed & Mrs. Peel #1
    Superman Family Adventures #5
    Transformers More Than Meets The Eye #9
    Transformers Regeneration One #83
    Transformers Robots In Disguise Annual 2012
    Transformers Robots In Disguise #9
    Voodoo #0
    Worlds' Finest #0
  • Options
    MiraclemetMiraclemet Posts: 258
    Im with you Library Boy, amazing Collected Editions this month.. and I dont think our list overlaps even by 1 book!

Image: Walking Dead HC Vol 8
    Dark Horse: BPRD Plague of Frogs HC Vol 4
    Vertigo: Fables Deluxe Ed HC Vol 6
    Boom Studio: Mattias Unfiltered Sketchbook. The art is beautiful, but this is #1 on the chopping block since its just a sketch book.
    James Stokoe's Godzilla Half Century War #2 from IDW
    Archaia's The Killer HC Vol 4
    Francavilla's cover for Life with Archie #23 is beautiful
    Three Rivers Press has another Simon/Kirby Library HC, this one is Science-Fiction so its up my alley.
    PS Artbooks is getting going with their Collected works of Planet Comics Vol 1 HC. There's supposed to be a slipcase version too, but the pricepoint for that one ($130) will be to high. The HC along is almost $50.

not gonna buy it cause I have all the Classic Reprint TPBs, but IDW is re-releasing the G.I.Joe books as classy HCs (not oversized; 7x11). At $50 retail I'll pass on the double dip, since the TPBs were cheap from fearlessreader.com back in the day...
    Also in the "not gonna double dip" catagory: Leather bound HC of MouseGuard Vol 1.

Yikes thats a crazy month. Im not gonna skip the stuff I've been buying all along (Walking Dead, BPRD, Fables or The Killer) but the new stuff is sooo awesome (Planet Comics, Simon/Kirby Sci-fi) that I dont know how Im gonna talk my self out of them either!
  • Options

PS Artbooks is getting going with their Collected works of Planet Comics Vol 1 HC. There's supposed to be a slipcase version too, but the pricepoint for that one ($130) will be to high. The HC along is almost $50.

Just saw that this was in DCBServices specials for the month! @ 40% off! See thats why I love those crazy guys in Indiana!
  • Options
    ctowner1ctowner1 Posts: 481
    Man, big month for cool looking trades and hardcovers. I will be affording almost none of it, sadly, but if I could, here's everything I'd get (beyond my usual stuff):

NEXUS OMNIBUS TP VOL 01 - Affordable TPB collections of Nexus from a publisher that’ll actually release them. Yes. Definitely.

$12.50 for 14 issues of Nexus - that's a great deal - especially compared to their overpriced "archive" HC's that they were putting out a few years ago. This is a great series for those who have never read it - great art and story. If they go all the way through, it's around 100 issues - the majority of which (about 80-90) are by Steve Rude. It's great to see Rude's style develop fro the earliest issues to the later ones. A great sereis overall. Just solid fun exciting intelligent comics.

e
    L nny
  • Options

$12.50 for 14 issues of Nexus - that's a great deal - especially compared to their overpriced "archive" HC's that they were putting out a few years ago. This is a great series for those who have never read it - great art and story. If they go all the way through, it's around 100 issues - the majority of which (about 80-90) are by Steve Rude. It's great to see Rude's style develop fro the earliest issues to the later ones. A great sereis overall. Just solid fun exciting intelligent comics.

e
    L nny

Is this the same as the b/w digest sized reprint that was done 3-4 years ago (one volume nothing else)? Or is this a full sized TPB?
  • Options
    Im with you Library Boy, amazing Collected Editions this month.. and I dont think our list overlaps even by 1 book!

Image: Walking Dead HC Vol 8
    Dark Horse: BPRD Plague of Frogs HC Vol 4
    Vertigo: Fables Deluxe Ed HC Vol 6
    Boom Studio: Mattias Unfiltered Sketchbook. The art is beautiful, but this is #1 on the chopping block since its just a sketch book.
    James Stokoe's Godzilla Half Century War #2 from IDW
    Archaia's The Killer HC Vol 4
    Francavilla's cover for Life with Archie #23 is beautiful
    Three Rivers Press has another Simon/Kirby Library HC, this one is Science-Fiction so its up my alley.
    And I forgot about Powers Definitive HC Vol 5
  • Options

e
    L nny

Is this the same as the b/w digest sized reprint that was done 3-4 years ago (one volume nothing else)? Or is this a full sized TPB?
    I dunno, @Miraclemet - it says "omnibus" and those are usually full size/color. So that's what I was thinking. Perhaps worth closer inspection to figure out, though.

e
    L nny
  • Options

I dunno, @Miraclemet - it says "omnibus" and those are usually full size/color. So that's what I was thinking. Perhaps worth closer inspection to figure out, though.

e
    L nny
    @ctowner1 looks like I was thinking of "Nexus As It Happened TPB Vol. 01" from 2009. Collecting Nexus Volume 1 #1-3 and Volume 2 #1-4 from Capital Comics
  • Options
    @Miraclemet yah, this seems different -- PLUS those issues are b&w to begin with (so I guess they'll be b&w in the omnibus even if the rest is in color?).

e
    L nny