Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Batman : Earth One - spoilers ( also I hated it )

Was pretty terrible.

I'm a huge Baman fan, AND was really looking forward to his, but man it was just the pits. Vile and strange with no real reason,and despicable characters all around with no one to even remotely like.

At was pretty good, but he sorry and the writing was just ...I'm kinda at a loss with how disappointed and surprised I am.

It's like there was no editing involved. Penguin was just totally out there for no reason. Zero subtlety. Employing a serial killing... giant?that came out of left field really...and was just...dumb. creepy too.

Alfred blowing away the mayor? Was that supposed to be cool?

I understand you. Want to a fresh new take on things, but this seems like the ultimate example of shock for shocks sake. Don't get me wrong I love creepy and messed up, and edgey...I'm not looking for a rerun to the "good old days"...but man this was dumb.

Not sure what's was expecting but....wow...just bad.

Comments

• Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623
    I agree for the most part, I read it this weekend and I really enjoyed the first Superman one so I'd been looking forward to this one for a while.

I think one of the reasons it didn't work was that I knew the Batman story better than the Superman story so I didn't catch every time the story strayed from the original.

There were parts that were cool, the serial killer himself was good (I don't think I've heard of Birthday Boy before). The transition for Gordon while a little stiff at times was pretty good over all. Bullock was probably the best story out of the bunch.

As someone that had really messed up his father's open wheel fishing reel a time or two I did like when the grappling hook failed, but then everything else he did was a failure too just lessened each thing before it.

The art was pretty good though, but the editing should have been better. Hope Superman Earth One vol 2 is better.
  • Options
    tommysheroestommysheroes Posts: 174
    Yeah huge let down, it was like an elseworlds but without a cool hook, just here is Batman with some minor, uninteresting changes. Really had high hopes after how good Superman Earth 2 was.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    It was okay. Nothing special but I wasn't a huge fan of it. I'm glad I was able to borrow it and didn't have to buy it.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    I have a feeling I'll like it, since I disliked the Superman one.