Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Comic Book Internet Stores - Which are the best ones to order from?

Lately, I've been wanting to not go out to my LCS, and instead order online. Now, I'm NOT talking about DCBS, I'm talking about ordering from a place online, books that had or are about to come out that week. There's Graham Cracker Comics (which I heard alot of reviews from), and My Comic Shop (which I heard good but also bad reviews from). Before I can make that one decision on what online comic shop I'm going to order from, maybe for the unseen future, I wanted to hear from you guys on which online shop you get them from, all the good/all the bad, etc. so it can help me out with this. Thanks, guys!

Comments

• Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    I love DCBS. I've never had a big problem with them and if I did, they were very quick to help me remedy. The prices are great. The only bummer is that you're two months out on your first shipment, so you may want to visit your LCS for a bit more. I used to spend $100+ a month on books at my LCS and at DCBS I've been able to curtail that to about $40. Leaves more room for me to buy trades and such.

Haven't heard of the other stores. Good luck.
  • Options
    SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445
    DCBService also has a brick and mortar store and will be able to fill most of your orders from the current week. When I asked them about it, they were great.

I just wish I could be done with my recent job search so that I could get back to ordering from them. I miss Box Day.
  • Options
    Binker, Fred an' Corey are steerin' you right: Go with DCBS. You won't be sorry!
  • Options
    TrevTrev Posts: 310
    New books? Definitely dcbs. I don't think anybody else is even close.

Back issues? Mycomicshop. Mile high is their main competition but MCS is just way better for ease of search and grading.
  • Options
    ZhurrieZhurrie Posts: 617
    If you order enough comics then DCBS is a good option, the tradeoff for the wait and shipping costs though, for me, makes it less of an amazing deal and option. Mycomicshop, TFAW, Heavyink, and a few others have always worked out well for me for specific items or even ordering weekly comics from. Amazon for trades is still my main go to.
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Back issues? Mycomicshop. Mile high is their main competition but MCS is just way better for ease of search and grading.
    I think their prices are better than Mile High's, too, and they run a weekly sale that's usually good on another 5-10% off of whatever they're spotlighting that week.

• Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    Ive only ever used DCBS for buying comics only and they do a great job. Cameron and the gang are pretty quick about add things you miht have missed if you just shoot them an e-mail. You don't really save any money because you find yourself buying more stuff but still...

once you start it is hard to stop. I also feel a little bad for not supporting my LCS more but I justify it by saying that DCBS is a family run business, too.
  • Options
    BinkerBinker Posts: 8
    Sorry, guys, this will be a discussion thread, but I also made a mistake. I'm NOT talking about DCBS. DCBS only allows you to order stuff months in advance, and for me, that's not going to work, even when things might happen between that time, but also, just because I have certain books on my pull list for that week/month, doesn''t quite mean they'll still be there once that week/month arrives. I always make changes, drop a title temp or perm because of the story not being interesting or just because of money, or just a lost of interest; so DCBS is not an option, and I wanted to fix what I said in the beginning to clear the confusion.

As for what are the options, if I go the ordering online route: Graham Cracker Comics (heard alot of good reviews), My Comic Shop (mixture of good and bad), and Midtown Comics (heard more good reviews than Graham). Mile High: not too sure, probably not; and TFAW: same, yet maybe.

A little off-topic: Comixology; I was thinking about that, as others are doing it, but weren't the prices a dollar or so cheaper because they were digitial and not print? It still confuses me because I thought they were cheaper; what happened?
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    You might consider digital - sounds like if you want to buy online you might not be against reading them online as well. Most (not all) companies have acquiesced to the fact that digital is here and are setting themselves up accordingly. Comixology, Comics+, and of course DC and Marvel have their own storefront apps now.

For back issues, though, check out The Site Which Shall Not Be Named (www.fearlessreadersonline.com)...it's great for filling gaps in your collection.
  • Options
    ZhurrieZhurrie Posts: 617
    Mycomicshop, TFAW, Heavyink, talesofwonder, instocktrades, Amazon, and eBay are my usual online spots to buy comics. eBay often gets overlooked but occasionally I get ridiculous deals there even on new/current stuff. Amazon is useless for single issues, but trades are great especially if you are Prime.
  • Options
    TrevTrev Posts: 310
    Plus side to dcbs is that if you randomly want a trade from instocktrades you can just send them an email and have it added to your next shipment without having to pay additional shipping.