Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Walking Dead #100 - Spoilers Abound

2»

Comments

• Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200

dubbat138 said:

so far only read the first 3 of Dark Tower..... :-w

Which version of book 1 did you read? The original version or the revised version?
    The revised one. Looking that up I realised that I've read all up to the 4th book.
    If you can find it read the original version of the first book. I have a theory on why King revised the first book,but can't say anything about it without spoiling the end of the series.

• Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    @dubbat138 : I might do that - since my first read has been a while. How about those comics? Are they close to the books?
  • Options
    edited July 2012

@dubbat138 : I might do that - since my first read has been a while. How about those comics? Are they close to the books?

I have only read the hardcover of the first mini series of the comics. It was good,but was nothing but a slightly modified telling of book 4. And book 4 is my least favorite in the series.

• Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318

i really dislike the Marvel comic adaptions/expansions. I find them just too wordy and muddled looking.

• Options
    random73 said:

i really dislike the Marvel comic adaptions/expansions. I find them just too wordy and muddled looking.

Lots of people I have talked too say that about Jae Lee's artwork. I love it but I like "darker" artwork like his.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    edited July 2012
    dubbat138 said:

I have only read the hardcover of the first mini series of the comics. It was good,but was nothing but a slightly modified telling of book 4. And book 4 is my least favorite in the series.

Thanks for the info. Although I seem to remember liking book 4, the urge to read the comics has gone. Maybe someday we get that Dark Tower movie or TV series (?)

• Options

dubbat138 said:

Thanks for the info. Although I seem to remember liking book 4, the urge to read the comics has gone. Maybe someday we get that Dark Tower movie or TV series (?)

they were talking about this a couple years back with Ron howard and Brian Grazer planning a trilogy of movies combined with a tv series to take place between movies to cover all 7 (now 8) books. apparently it fell through. i don't think the studio was confident in that level of investment.
  • Options

dubbat138 said:

I really hope we never get Dark Tower movies. Now say tv show on AMC,HBO or Showtime would be nice. There is too much in the storyline to make into 3 or 4 movies.

• Options
    random73 said:

dubbat138 said:

they were talking about this a couple years back with Ron howard and Brian Grazer planning a trilogy of movies combined with a tv series to take place between movies to cover all 7 (now 8) books. apparently it fell through. i don't think the studio was confident in that level of investment.
    I am so happy that fell through. I doubt it would have worked. Plus I am not a huge fan of Ron Howard's work.

• Options
    it certainly would have been a mammoth undertaking. i'd have watched just to see if it would be brilliant or a train wreck. projects that big generally are one of two extremes there is not a lot of "middle of the road" when you have that much going on.
  • Options
    random73 said:

it certainly would have been a mammoth undertaking. i'd have watched just to see if it would be brilliant or a train wreck. projects that big generally are one of two extremes there is not a lot of "middle of the road" when you have that much going on.

I think a tv show that is 5 seasons long would be perfect for the series. If it was animated I would love that even more. Get Eastwood to do the voice of Roland.

• Options
    that would be awesome but i don't think he would do it.
  • Options
    ctowner1ctowner1 Posts: 481
    I thought it was an excellent 100th issue. Even though I knew a major character was going to get it, the eenie-meeny-miney-mo scene had me on the edge of my seat. I was thinking Maggie was going to get it - so Glen was a "nice" surprise.

But beyond the shocking death, I love the plot direction change we have here. WTF is Rick going to do? WTF would I do in that situation? Will Rick toe the line? The obvious route is that he will for a while, while planning his revenge - but what will that entail; him doing? how will that change the dynamic of his leadership of the Atlanta survivors onwards threw the Community? How will it change Rick?? Just an interesting change in the story that I'm looking forward to read.

e
    L nny